please help!

azrider

i have a pc with an AMD sempron proccesor,2.00Ghz,192 MB of RAM. I lost my old studio which was all hardware. i'm new to software recording. I do rap music and would not really need that many tracks. I'm thinking of buying an mbox but what do u think. BUDget $500.00

does the mbox work well and would it work on my cpu.

Lost your studio? lol... well that sucks. I've never used the mbox myself but if your going with pro tools people around here are saying alot of good things about it. It only has two microphone pre amps built into it but as you are doing rap that shouldn't be that big of a deal if you don't plan on tracking too many live instruments. Another popular interface in the same price range is the presonus firepod, or fire box. Both running firewire instead of usb.

You won't find this cowboy saying good things about (ick) protools.

This is what I use for software and this is my current recommendation for a soundcard.

The Mbox should work fine for rap as already mentioned. I had the Mbox for a couple of months but soon relized how much I needed those extra inputs for tracking drums. So I upgraded to the Digi002Rack which has been working beautifully. For the few months I had the Mbox it worked fine, but its nothing special.

Back