Please check out new song-unfinished

I don't like the song, but your captured sounds and mix, so far, seem really nice. Now, put the drums in...

What don't you like about the song?

After the holiday, hopefully I can get the drums happening.

Well, since you asked, it sounds like you're trying really hard to sound Beatles-ish. If that's the case, and I don't mind people trying to sound like their music heroes (I do it all the time), I don't like this because I fucking hate the Beatles.

Oh wow, that explains it! Well I guess you fucking hate me, cuz I love 'em. Not sure I'd say I'm trying really hard to sound like them, but oh well, we're all insane in one or another.

Thanks anyway?

Oh wow, that explains it! Well I guess you fucking hate me, cuz I love 'em. Not sure I'd say I'm trying really hard to sound like them, but oh well, we're all insane in one or another.

Thanks anyway?
Lol. No. I don't hate you just because you like the Beatles. It's totally natural for us mortals to eventually sound like our influences if it's a strong enough influence. No big deal. I think it's flattering when someone says something of mine reminds them of somethng that influences me in some way. In any case, regardles of whether I like your song or not, I think you performed your song very, very well. :)

Sounds really nice and full. Great clarity and separation. Performances all great. No issues here. I wish there was more verb happening myself as that would go along to my ear with the whole period vibe of the song, but the dryness certainly makes for a clean and clear experience.

It sounds so full already without drums. Are you at all worried that you'll have to readjust everything just make room for 'em once you add them in?

I don't really ever have anything helpful for you, sorry.

Sounds more like a Jellyfish influence to me. Which is very Beatles influenced.

I totally hear the 'Spilt Mil'k type of drum sound to be used on this. Big and fat.

Oh, and you have performed this quite well. Good stuff macle!

Lol. No. I don't hate you just because you like the Beatles. It's totally natural for us mortals to eventually sound like our influences if it's a strong enough influence. No big deal. I think it's flattering when someone says something of mine reminds them of somethng that influences me in some way. In any case, regardles of whether I like your song or not, I think you performed your song very, very well. :)

Oh yeah, I don't mind at all The Beatles reference, it's great. But not liking the song and fucking hating The Beatles sort of throws the reference into a different light.

I think you performed your song very, very well. :)

Thanks!

Sounds really nice and full. Great clarity and separation. Performances all great. No issues here. I wish there was more verb happening myself as that would go along to my ear with the whole period vibe of the song, but the dryness certainly makes for a clean and clear experience.

It sounds so full already without drums. Are you at all worried that you'll have to readjust everything just make room for 'em once you add them in?

I don't really ever have anything helpful for you, sorry.

Thanks heatmiser.

I suppose you're right, I might have to adjust things, but I'm really hoping I won't have to. :rolleyes:

Sounds more like a Jellyfish influence to me. Which is very Beatles influenced.

I totally hear the 'Spilt Mil'k type of drum sound to be used on this. Big and fat.

Oh, and you have performed this quite well. Good stuff macle!

How dare you compare me to Jellyfish, I fucking hate them! :p

Just kidding, of course (although I haven't really ever listened to them).

I hope I can get the drums together (soon).

Thanks a lot!

Gotta say, I really like hearing this without drums. Just as an academic exercise, of course, finished product should have drums. You can really hear a lot of details, tones of the bass, guitars etc. Each individual part and performance. Very cool.

good job on everything.

Oh yeah, I don't mind at all The Beatles reference, it's great. But not liking the song and fucking hating The Beatles sort of throws the reference into a different light.

Since I do hate the beatles I'm naturally not gonna like anything that sounds like them. I don't like mayonnaise either, so I don't eat anything with mayonnaise on it or in it. Besides, not everyone likes everything from everyone else. There's gonna be a time when someone somewhere just doesn't like your song. It's not a personal attack.

Gotta say, I really like hearing this without drums. Just as an academic exercise, of course, finished product should have drums. You can really hear a lot of details, tones of the bass, guitars etc. Each individual part and performance. Very cool.

good job on everything.

Hey Chili, thanks very much!

It's funny, but probably every song I do, somewhere during the mixing, I feel leaving out various instruments sounds a lot better than the whole. I guess that's where really knowing how to mix comes in.

Since I do hate the beatles I'm naturally not gonna like anything that sounds like them. I don't like mayonnaise either, so I don't eat anything with mayonnaise on it or in it. Besides, not everyone likes everything from everyone else. There's gonna be a time when someone somewhere just doesn't like your song. It's not a personal attack.

Ummmm, if someone does a country song, and someone else says "I don't like your song because I fucking hate country", I'm pretty sure the country guy would think that was a bit heavy-handed. "Not my style", "not my thing", okay. "Fucking hate" seems a bit much.

But from the first post, I wasn't upset at all, I was joking around. Obviously, everyone has their own tastes. It doesn't bother me at all that you don't like my music, or don't like The Beatles. There's tons of music I don't like (most of it probably).

I do think it's odd, though, how many people don't like The Beatles.I fucking hate those people! They seem to relish in it. (You don't like mayonnaise, but do you like relish?)

Back