Pedal with multiple od or distortion modes

Is there a pedal that has multiple switchable overdrive or distortion modes in it? Different diodes, transistors etc. Very Versatile one.
Any overdrive or distortion pedal suggestions are welcome.
Big thanks

Edit- analog stuff only pls

Last edited:
I personally use individual overdrive and distortion pedals but I have used a Zoom Multistomp that has a bunch of pedal simulations that sound pretty good. IMO they don't sound very close to the pedals they simulate but sound good in their own way.

See if you can find a used Digitech RP360(XP). They're discontinued as of several years ago - but it's got about 150 stompbox effects built into it - approx 20 distortion/overdrive pedals alone.

How many distortion varieties you need?

I’ve been fine with just two.

Here are two 2 channel all analog pedals

Suhr eclipse. two channel distortion box with independent gain level controls and three band eq.

Analogman king of tone. Two channels of distortion stackable into each other. It has internal dip switches to further tailor the amount of gain you want.

Both good pedals

How many distortion varieties you need?

I’ve been fine with just two.

Here are two 2 channel all analog pedals

Suhr eclipse. two channel distortion box with independent gain level controls and three band eq.

Analogman king of tone. Two channels of distortion stackable into each other. It has internal dip switches to further tailor the amount of gain you want.

Both good pedals
Very cool. Thnxx. Any other suggestions?
But is there a big pedal that has one channel with overdrive and another channel with metal distortion?? So both channels could be used simultaneously.

I'm a big fan of my Idiotbox No Moon. It's a double-size pedal, but it has clones of the Rat, Tube Screamer, and Big Muff pedals in it. Plus, it's designed to process the signal in parallel instead of series so that you can turn on multiple circuits without it sounding terrible.
You could generously call it 7 analog OD pedals in one.

I'm a big fan of my Idiotbox No Moon. It's a double-size pedal, but it has clones of the Rat, Tube Screamer, and Big Muff pedals in it. Plus, it's designed to process the signal in parallel instead of series so that you can turn on multiple circuits without it sounding terrible.
You could generously call it 7 analog OD pedals in one.
Fuk.. that’s promising, but I also need the ability to run things in series. Gracies amigo

Fuk.. that’s promising, but I also need the ability to run things in series. Gracies amigo

It is a single in/single out pedal. I don't know if I was throwing you off with that. It just runs the circuits in parallel before merging them at the end. Chaining two distortion pedals together in series usually sounds really bad (and quieter than either pedal alone), so it's going to be hard to find pedals that do that internally.

Sunset utilizes an all-analog JFET gain stage coupled with custom-voiced, precision-crafted DSP algorithms to capture the nuances and character of each circuit type.

the hybrid part, is what makes it so much better.
you gotta play thru one!
only then, will you know.

It is a single in/single out pedal. I don't know if I was throwing you off with that. It just runs the circuits in parallel before merging them at the end. Chaining two distortion pedals together in series usually sounds really bad (and quieter than either pedal alone), so it's going to be hard to find pedals that do that internally.
Stacking shit together gives good things. Rule of the universe. Cheers beers brothers

Lol, unfortunately "most people think this sounds bad" usually translates to "nobody is making it that way"

If you want multiple styles of distortion in series, you're probably gonna have to go for a custom solution. Probably a simple, space-effective, and cheap solution would be to pick up 3 or 4 tiny distortions and put them on a board/enclosure together. That would also have the advantage of letting you re-order them to your liking since order will have a huge impact on how those circuits will sound!

Lol, unfortunately "most people think this sounds bad" usually translates to "nobody is making it that way"

If you want multiple styles of distortion in series, you're probably gonna have to go for a custom solution. Probably a simple, space-effective, and cheap solution would be to pick up 3 or 4 tiny distortions and put them on a board/enclosure together. That would also have the advantage of letting you re-order them to your liking since order will have a huge impact on how those circuits will sound!
I want a couple of pedals of different types of distortion but very versatile ones , with multiple clipping and gain modes etc.
Same goes with overdrive pedals. Like wampler pantheon.
Then I’ll stack them as I want.
Thnxx

Back