Pe..pet.pe...Petanger Parametric Eq?....WTF?

superspit

idiots unite!
hey people...hopeuralldoinfuckinwell!:)

I very rarely come across a piece of gear that I just couldn't find any info at all on....
So I thought I'd throw it your way, just in the hope that you may have experienced/seen/used/urinated-on........

In this case, it's the "Petanger Audio Developments" (err..whatever) parametric eq device.....(I know enough about that DM1100, thankyou).

Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

I thankyou, andavagoodweekend!:)

Attachments

• ibanez rack and eq.jpg
    ibanez rack and eq.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 68
Found this:
There was relatively little outboard gear in those days, particularly reverb and delay devices. There were some parametric equalisers, compressors etc. which were mounted in mobile boxes and shared between the studios. Equipment included the Orban three channel De-esser, the Vocal Stresser (a compressor and limiter with built in equaliser and gate), the Marshall Time Modulator (a bucket brigade delay unit capable of producing killer flanging and phasing effects), the Lexicon Prime Time 12 bit digital delay unit, Pentanger Parametric Equaliser (at this time, none of the consoles had fully parametric EQ built in), the Urie Filter Set (which had parametric EQ with variable HPF and LPF), Urie 1178 compressors and an early EMT digital reverb system.

From here:
From 1973 through to 1986, Albert Studio 1 was one of the major recording studios in Australia. Originally known as Studio 139, Studio 1 was "the" rock and roll recording studio in Sydney, with the likes of AC/DC, The Angels, Rose Tattoo, John Paul Young and many other famous Alberts artists recording there.

Not much info other than it kept very good company...

Found this:

From here:

Not much info other than it kept very good company...

wow!....Thankyou MoFoPro!!!...The lady I bought these items from said they were (at one stage) owned/used by the Masters Apprentices (the Petanger), and did move around a fair bit, being shared around, along time ago, here in Oz.
She knew little else other than that.

As for the Ibanez...I bought one in 1986,..then went to the SPX90mk2.
I remember how much fun the DM1100 was, and I want that sound back!!

MFP, thankyou so much!!:):):)

Back