Passageways

Nothing is playing in time - and it's mixed really loud - to the point of distraction - also I have to listen to it a couple of times more - but it just sounds like random sounds dropped in at various times - not a purposeful song.

I was kind of scratching my head at first as to what I was listening to. The more I listened, the more I heard sounds and tones that I really liked. It was very odd, in general. I kept thinking ... "Is this a song? Is it just kind of a sound collage? What is it?" It's kind of through-composed (through-improvised?), with nothing really coming back around again. Or ... if it did, I didn't recognize it on first listen. I recognized some sounds and tones, but not really any "melodies" per se.

Is this meant to go on an album of similar tunes? Is it meant for a film? Very interesting overall!

Nothing is playing in time - and it's mixed really loud - to the point of distraction - also I have to listen to it a couple of times more - but it just sounds like random sounds dropped in at various times - not a purposeful song.
Yeah I stitched the different drum parts together and took a few liberties with the tempo(s). I'll go back & check the settings on my 'mastering' chain. Heh it didn't seem to lack purpose when I was putting it together but listening back now it does seem kind of random. Thanks for the feedback Papanate

I was kind of scratching my head at first as to what I was listening to. The more I listened, the more I heard sounds and tones that I really liked. It was very odd, in general. I kept thinking ... "Is this a song? Is it just kind of a sound collage? What is it?" It's kind of through-composed (through-improvised?), with nothing really coming back around again. Or ... if it did, I didn't recognize it on first listen. I recognized some sounds and tones, but not really any "melodies" per se.

Is this meant to go on an album of similar tunes? Is it meant for a film? Very interesting overall!
The various parts were recorded over a period of several weeks so I guess the jam evolved of its own volition rather than having a set purpose. You're right, nothing comes back around as the intention was for the distorted bass synth to tie the different parts together. Hey thanks for the spin dude, appreciate the comments

Back