Outrageous

K-dub

I wrote this for my high school girlfriend who married - then later divorced - a bit of a misogynist. It's sad because you really couldn't find a nicer sweetheart of a person.

Outrageous

And when I realized that I could stay no longer
And I knew that I must be on my way
Broken hearts when mended
Will grow stronger
… and I only hoped that I’d get there some day

Now I see who you are
And you are outrageous

When you meet someone
You greet their sunshine
They hide their darker shadows
In their shade
It hard to see around a brilliant smile
So hard to see the outline of their strange

But I learned who you are
And you are outrageous

I once thought that love could conquer most things
I even talked my own fears away
But there comes a moment when you feel
That if you’re going to feel again
You’ve got to change

Now I know who you are
And you are outrageous

It was a hell of a time (Oh Yes. It was)
Just a hell of a time (Oh Yes. It was)
It was a hell of a time (Oh Yes. It was)
So I changed everything
Yes I changed everything
I so changed everything
Not to walk in your shadow

No.

Now I don’t walk behind you any more
No I don’t walk behind you any more
No I don’t walk behind you any more
Oh I don’t walk behind you any more

Oh - and since it was from a woman's perspective - I wanted a female lead vocal.

The husband literally made his wife walk behind him in public.

Sounds great. I like this one. She can sing so well. I'd have mixed her a taste more forward than you did. But I'm like that with women.

Sounds great. I like this one. She can sing so well. I'd have mixed her a taste more forward than you did. But I'm like that with women.

Delicate balance due to the back chorusing, but understood. Kelly is in great voice on this.

I thought the song came out great. The vocals are easy to follow, and the instruments give them plenty of room. Overall balance is good.

Stick this one on the radio and it would get some airplay!

I thought the song came out great. The vocals are easy to follow, and the instruments give them plenty of room. Overall balance is good.

Stick this one on the radio and it would get some airplay!

What is this "radio" you speak of?

:D

What is this "radio" you speak of?

:D
Ancient form of communication that was used much as other obsolete forms like newspapers, magazines and telegraph. You need to find yourself a late 50s-80s car in working order. You'll often find a device with a few numbers on it and a knob for moving a pointer and a larger round speaker in the center of the dashboard. Find the right spot and sound will emanate from the device. VERY OLD SCHOOL!

Ancient form of communication that was used much as other obsolete forms like newspapers, magazines and telegraph. You need to find yourself a late 50s-80s car in working order. You'll often find a device with a few numbers on it and a knob for moving a pointer and a larger round speaker in the center of the dashboard. Find the right spot and sound will emanate from the device. VERY OLD SCHOOL!

We used to kid our bass player for being that old school. He'd use terms like "radio-friendly" and getting "airplay". We'd laugh and say, "Billy - get your head out of the 70s!"

My wife thinks I should send the song to someplace like the "National Organization of Women" and let them use it as a themesong.

They'd chant the last verse/outro over and over ...

Oh - and since it was from a woman's perspective - I wanted a female lead vocal.

The husband literally made his wife walk behind him in public.
It worked. She's got an interesting voice, kinda soulful.

As for the last verse, I don't have a clue why you would want your lady to walk behind you. How can you hold hands like that? The guy was obviously a tool!🔨

It worked. She's got an interesting voice, kinda soulful.

As for the last verse, I don't have a clue why you would want your lady to walk behind you. How can you hold hands like that? The guy was obviously a tool!🔨

He was a control freak - a misogynist - and a bit of a tool.

Kel's got a bit of a Bonnie Raitt vibe to her style.

Back