Open sound control help.

kip4

Hey guys I have a new controller. Akai midimix.
Since migrating to reaper I tried an Osc .exe but sadly failed and need some help please.
Now I know that I’ve successfully set up my iPad as an Osc controller so I’m not sure where I’m going wrong this time.
If there’s some interest I’ll come back with info and links.
Thanks

Right I’m back with further details. Now I have managed to get reaPack and reaLearn.
Thanks for all the help you guys.

so I downloaded the Osc ii bot and configuration txt doc from here.

it state

Start the oscii-bot using this config-file.
There are several possibilites to accompish this. You can start oscii-bot.exe with the location of the config file as parameter.
Or you can put the configfile where the original MidiMixControl.txt is located and delete the MidiMixControl.txt afterwards (or rename it extension-wise or zip and delete it) “

Now my questions.

start the Osc ii bot.
Q: how? just double left click ?
Q: what do I do if it asks me what program to use with it?

start the bot using this config-file.
Q: what does this mean using this config file?
Q:How is it done?

Thanks guys

The psychosis kicked in.
I slept for 3 hr, that should help.

So I need to calm down, but I’m so driven to get this working.

open reaper
options

preferences

Osc control surface

add

open sound control

pattern: open configuration directory

options tab again, show reaper resources.
click on stored midimix txt file.

Does this sound more rational?
Am I getting it right?
Thanks

Hey up Paul
It’s been a good while. Nice to hear from you?
Hope your keeping ok buddy.

I’m so close to making the Osc working. I now have the start screen but I made a boo-boo somewhere as I’m getting a kinda device not recognised message. I’ll put up a screen shot later.

And great news I created a new mail and have rejoined the reaper forum using new mail.
just awaiting confirmation.
thanks for reading

Here’s a screen shot from last night
I have made some progress since though.
How so you say.
well I went back and disabled the midimix in midi device setting. Attached a few other txt docs on Osc config.
clicked on listen with port 8000, moving the midimix fader results in data being logged in the listen window.
Im making progress but It’s not working yet fully.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
That’s correct. But had another Osc running on the 9000 port so chose a value close to it and went with it.
could this be the issue?

I looked up port 9010 and not 100% sure, but it could be used by a network service. I would look at changing the port to something else and give it a try.

Try this - Run the command "netstat -ab" in an elevated Command Prompt, PowerShell, or Terminal window to display a list of applications and their associated ports.

Elevated if you are not familiar is to run it as Admin. But this should give you an idea of what ports are in use.

Thanks
I’ll let you know how I get on. Meantime before I read the ports I’ll go back and reconfigure the Osc surface settings to port 9000 and try again.

Finally got it going unfortunately it’s slower than the realearn version I’ve been using. So I’ll chalk it up to experience and carry on as was.
Thanks everyone for the help.

Back