Open reel serivce in (preferrably central) Missouri?

hungovermorning

Dr. Caveman.
I've got an Otari and Tascam that both could use a bit of love (both work, they just need calibration, alignment, general pampering). Just got my hands on a calibration tape and service manual for the Otari, working on that for the Tascam. Does anyone know any analog people in central missouri (Columbia) or anywhere else in the state who works on open reel decks and know what they're doing? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a few Tascam authorized service centers in Missouri.
These places usually can sevice & repair several brands of equipment. One of them should also be able to help with the Otari, or at least point you to someone who can.

ALPHA-TECH ELECTRONICS
1502 SOUTH BIG BEND BOULEVARD
ST LOUIS, MO 63117
(314) 645-5250

DANDO ELECTRONICS
8043 WORNALL, SUITE #104
KANSAS CITY, MO 64114
(816) 361-6733

JIM'S VIDEO & AUDIO
3211 SOUTH SCENIC
SPRINGFIELD, MO 65807
(417) 886-1696

MOR SOUND
1856 SOUTH STEWART
SPRINGFIELD, MO 65804
(417) 883-4543

ALPHA-TECH ELECTRONICS
1502 SOUTH BIG BEND BOULEVARD
ST LOUIS, MO 63117
(314) 645-5250

these guy's have been around for a while... i bought a used 3340s from them in like '75... iirc the owners name is zaw.. good guy..

also in st louis there used to be a place called antech labs they are slow as hell but do great work... think they're still around...

Thanks a bunch guys. I called Alpha tech, they seem to have a reel good handle on things. They actually have the same model as my Otari in the shop right now.

Does anyone know any analog people in central missouri (Columbia) or anywhere else in the state who works on open reel decks and know what they're doing?

Well, I live in the same town as you, and I work on my own machines and know what I'm doing. :) However, I don't have time to work for hire and on the Tascam and Otari stuff you are better off with Antech (assuming they still do Tascam service) or one of those others.

The Antech contact info is:

Telephone: (314)647-0009

Fax: (314)647-1465

Address: 9 Sunnen Dr. Suite 300
Maplewood MO 63143

That's where I took my Tascam 388 back when I didn't know how to calibrate, etc. and lacked the gear for it, anyway.

Cheers and good luck!

Otto

Back