One down one to go

No problem Herm.

It's gotta be rough to get one for ten bucks then face paying several times that for the same thing.
(Maybe another will spring up on ebay for you.)

:)

Those DX-D4 units originally retailed for $800.00 Canadian when they were new or about 500 US so, paying 100 bucks for one at this stage shouldn't be considered a lot for one now.

The one you got for ten bucks was a fluke and one I am personally jealous of!!:D

Cheers! :)

$500.00!!!!

I figured the guy that I got my setup from was crazy, but I didn't know he was THAT crazy! (LOL)
(He gave me (I won) everything mint in the boxes with the styrofoam even!)

(Hey Ghost, I was looking at some 208's on ebay and am wondering if they are "different" sort of... In one of the descriptions it says it mixes down from 8 channels to 4... Is that just 4 you can use for monitor sends OR ???)

EDIT: GO CUBS!!!!!

Last edited:
The M208 mixer is an 8 channel, 4 buss mixer and also has stereo outs for monitoring and for mix down you just use buss 1 & 2 from what I remember when I owned one back in th 80's.

They are a pretty good little board and were very clean as long as you kept your gain structure in order, meaning, don't over boost the mic's trim to get a decent level and it will sound pretty clean. There is also no phantom power on it so, exotic, condenser Mic's will need external power to work with the board. As well, it only had those short stroke, 60mm faders which are a little hard to work with when you want to do a real nice, gradual fade.

Hey Billy I called music go around today and ordered that dx-4d.
With tax and shipping it ended up being 99.99 but atleast if there is something wrong with it I can send it back.

Now I have two for the 38 and am ready to go!

Thanks for the tip;)

Reel wrote
The next DX-4D will cost $99.99

Reel must be a fortune Teller

Maybe you could look at it as paying $50 each for the pair Herm.

I had no idea they had a return policy!!
(48 hours cash- 30 days store credit)
I suppose on used gear that's way better than nothing right?

So guess who's going there in the morning to check out a 312b??

WOO HOO
GO CUBS!!!

A Billy I hope its not the one I bought while I was on the phone with them.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

JUST KIDDING

Good luck on the board

:D :D

Thanks alot Herm!
(I read that and sprayed my Old Style all over the screen! LOL)

Have you checked out their website? You can check inventory by store in or out of your area or like just put in "Tascam" and see what they have at all of their locations.
(I'm easily impressed-LOL)

I will be Soooo happy if the board looks good and I pick it up...
I've had my 38 sitting here looking at me for months without being able to record, it's ALMOST driven me crazy.

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!

Thanks for the link Reel.

(I know it must not have made any sense to you guys why I wasn't just bidding on a board, but..)
See, at first I was hesitant about using ebay, then out of desperation I got over it and was all ready to bid, but I learned I needed a credit card which I don't have or an ISP in my name, so that became a non-option. It totally sucked because I just couldn't find ANYTHING locally with any kind of gurantee you know?
As soon as I read Herms post that he could send his dx4 back if there was a problem, I signed off and was on the phone to the same place! LOL

So I'm hoping this 312 is cool... anything specific to the 312 I should keep an eye out for?

(Hey Reel, you still have your 38 songs uploaded somewhere for our listening pleasure?)

Yea I saw the site for them Billy and checked on their enventory.
Some of the prices look pretty good. At least fair anyway.

Hey Reel I saw that board and it would look real nice next to my 2340 and 3340 but I think I have spent enough this month and last for a couple of months. And I still need to get a phantom power supply for the 388.

The more I play with the 388 the more I like it, Now if I could just get a deal on a manual so I could learn all the stuff it will do.
I cant believe they get 30 some bucks for those on ebay.

Billy,

As far as checking out the mixer in the store, let them give you a mic and a pair of headphones and test each channel out one at a time to make sure they work at passing a clean signal through to the master outs and all the aux and effect out sends that can be monitored through headphones via push buttons in the master section of the desk.

Then ask them to hook up a CD player to the line inputs and one at a time, check that all those inputs work and then hook up the CD player to the tape returns and do the same.

Be sure that all the eq's work on each channel and cut in and out smoothly when you use the eq on/off switch on each channel.

Also, when testing each channel, try the faders to make sure they're not scratchy or intermittent and test the main faders and buss master faders for this too.

It's better to spend 30 minutes in the store testing it then to get it home and then realize there is a problem somewhere. Plus if you do find a minor nit or two in the store, they might be inclined to knock a few bucks off the price to cover the costs of a good cleaning with a few products from Caig.;)

I really hope it works out for you and that you join the 312 club.

Well, FWIW, Tascam Parts still sells manuals, @ (323) 727-4840...

and, [don't get me started]...

I've been a very pro-Tascam person, in general, for service, parts, manuals and everything. I can hardly believe that they allow rampant bootlegging of their manuals, but it appears that they just don't care. Some people out there have entire businesses built around bootlegging Tascam manuals, which I thought was really offensive, at first, but now it seems that Tascam doesn't care, so why should I?

Just like any bootleg item on the web, for the most part corporations are powerless to stop it,... like this whole "song-stealing" RIAA situation,... they'll never stop this type of file sharing, and they are just crybabies. Tascam, on the other hand, looks the other way about bootleg manuals, and apparently doesn't care. So, even though I wouldn't step out and endorse getting bootleg manuals, I have done it a few times. I even have a few bootleg copies of "Let It Be", but I'm not hugely into bootlegs. However, bootlegs do play into the supply/demand scheme of business and economics.

You know, when Tascam wants $36 for a manual, and you can get a good bootleg copy of it for $12.99 on the web, and yet Tascam does nothing to shut bootleggers down, then IMO they deserve their own fate.

You heard it here, first.;)

Yeah, I like the M312, it's a nice, full functioned mixer, and I love the 388!

Damn, I love that 388!

Yeah, find all my stuff at:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/davemania/singles

- it's all the same stuff from a couple months ago, w/no new uploads lately. There's several cuts there that were recorded on the Tascam 38, as well as others. Details below each title.;)

Cool deal. (I did remember your advice from the "checklist" thread, but I figured I'd ask again.)

I'm gonna bring a mic and phones with me!! ( LOL )
Oh man do I ever want in the club in a bad way!

(Cool, thanks for the link Reel)

Cubs do it again!

Back