NTrack versus Audition

I assume you mean Adobe Audition? For me it comes down to a simple consideration... MIDI. Audition does not support MIDI like n-track does and I use a lot of samples and VSTis. I have to have MIDI.

Sequencer choice is mostly what YOU are comfortable working with.
I use N-Track and like it.

But all you have to do is download the demo to see for yourself... (very little restrictions on the demo version; there's info on the website.)

I downloaded it and gave it a try, doesn't have near the features etc. as Audition and I don't use Midi anymore so I guess I will stick with Audition, thanks for your input.

N-Track is the kicker in many aspects , MIDI, SOUND QUALITY, EASE OF USE, PLUG-INS, WONDERFUL INTERFACE. You don't get much better for under $100.

Boomersrec said:
N-Track is the kicker in many aspects , MIDI, SOUND QUALITY, EASE OF USE, PLUG-INS, WONDERFUL INTERFACE. You don't get much better for under $100.

Sound quality? :confused:

Anyway I perfer Audition since I don't really use any MIDI, but I do wish they had better support for VST plugins... some work, some don't. Is N-Track any different?

maybe audition has fixed these issues but i ditched it and went with n-track because:
1. n-track supports ASIO drivers (multi-channel), which i think work better than WDM.
2. n-track supports rewire devices ( i do my midi work with reason).

I also find audition to be more of a stereo wave file editor, rather than a true multi-track sequencer. Usually i'll do my tracking/mixing in n-track, then touch things up in audition.

Back