Now, My Daughter Wants a Shot!

Very good! I wish I had been able to play as good as that when I was 15 -- hell, I wish I could play as good as that now.

Great chord changes and powerful voice, and your production work was very good on this. I can see, though, where you might want to take it to the next level and really get a full-blown production on it...she'll come around someday :)

Tell her to Keep Up The Good Work!

:D

a song by crawdad, jr.

Very very clean tracking of that gtr. Nice. Does sound like a bit of compression there.... yes. Indigo Girls. Good call, harris....

Would like maybe for the voice to sit back further, with some nice echoey reverb? The "in your face" production is interesting for what it is, though... lol! :)

Very good voice... and can she play a guitar? Not bad! I like her use of off-rhythm strumming there in the outro "... everything you do"...

Oh, she's gonna break some hearts.

Nice job, crawdad jr!!! :D

C

Really nice tune,her voice is just great!
Pretty awsome talent for 15,I really enjoyed the melody.
Some good pickin too!

Nice to see you guys doing this,that's definitly where it's at!:D

Hope to hear more of her stuff,

Pete

Sweet! Girl can sing, can play... guess you didn't have to worry about the milkman, crawdad.:D

I really enjoyed this.

Daf (at least my kids are fertile:rolleyes: )

pretty nice for the youngster. I also heard the distortion on the vocals...very minor, but like the preamp was just starting to push it, or something.

she ought to be able to do some female backups for you, eh??

Hi Crawdad!

Your daughter has some true talent! It is so great to hear a young person who has their own style and doesn't want to do that "warbling Mariah!" Maybe there is hope for the future of the music industry yet! LOL

I sure like her fiestiness and "keepin' it real" too!

Powderfinger, Skids, Jagular,Freshears, Pedullist, Audiokid, Boydrj, Participant, Museman, Groovejunkie, Dafduc, Mixmkr---

Thank you all for indulging me on this one. I must tell you all that you've made my daughter very happy. This was part of a five song demo that we literally recorded in 45 minutes live in the room. No click track--just roll "tape" and go. Next time, I want to do ONE song and really concentrate on making it a record quality production. She has a new song that my wife says is fantastic--best thing she's ever written. Maybe that will be the one.

Understand, she's 15 and very passive, humble and modest--yet at the same time she is very "no comprimise" about her music and her views. Certain status seeking members of her peer group have given her a lot of crap for no good reason and I think someday they are going to be wondering why they treated this butterfly of a human being like they did.

Ped and Daf--you guys crack me up!

Mixmkr--I gotta listen again. I've had that comment about distortion on the vocals one too many times without understanding why cause I dont hear it. Of course, I'm half deaf!:D There must be something going on that I am missing. Can't have that if I'm gonna make her a star. Otherwise, whos gonna support me in my old age?

Back