Newest mix, looking for feedback

I can hear the vocals and bass pretty well on my monitors but the bass could be louder. The kick is not too loud. The guitars need to be beefier, the song calls for it. Are you mic'ing an amp or using plug ins? The clean lead sounds great! it just needs some tweaking to get where it needs to be.

Is there a bass guitar on this song?
Haha, yes, I'll bring that up I suppose.

I can hear the vocals and bass pretty well on my monitors but the bass could be louder. The kick is not too loud. The guitars need to be beefier, the song calls for it. Are you mic'ing an amp or using plug ins? The clean lead sounds great! it just needs some tweaking to get where it needs to be.

I didn't track this, but yes, it's a mic'd amp. I added a good dose of top end to the guitars. Maybe I'll tame that some or get more body in the mids.

What kind of tweaking for the clean part? And do you mean the center kinda soloish piece, or the two on the sides, also in the bridge?

Does anyone else think the vocals are too low?

Thanks for listening everyone!

the clean part I'm referring to is close to the beginning. I just thought it sounded really cool.

the clean part I'm referring to is close to the beginning. I just thought it sounded really cool.

Ah the piano maybe? In the verses there's a piano on the right, and and a distorted guitar on the left. Also, there's a room mic for the guit panned opposite, and a reverb for the piano panned opposite too.

The only clean guitars are in the bridge though

seriously, i think the vocals are like SUPERLOW in some places. everytime when the guitars are on full-tilt. listened to it on headphones and speakers.

btw the bridge is really nice.

I don't what adjustments you made. But the bass seems fine to me. Maybe even just a bit too loud.

When the guitars get loud, they clobber the vocal.

I thought the drums were a little too far back in the mix. To me, you've made the guitar the central part of the song. To me, the drums and vocal should be the central part of the song.

Snare was a little thuddy to me. I'd like more crack to it. I think the kick could come up just a wee bit.

Main distorted rhythm guitar was a bit muddy to me.

Agree on the bridge. It was a neat changeup. Some good lead playing. I like the way it transitioned back to the verse.

I'm hearing a tiny little crackle at 2:49.

seriously, i think the vocals are like SUPERLOW in some places. everytime when the guitars are on full-tilt. listened to it on headphones and speakers.

btw the bridge is really nice.

Note taken. I'll see what I can do with that. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I don't what adjustments you made. But the bass seems fine to me. Maybe even just a bit too loud.

When the guitars get loud, they clobber the vocal.

I thought the drums were a little too far back in the mix. To me, you've made the guitar the central part of the song. To me, the drums and vocal should be the central part of the song.

Snare was a little thuddy to me. I'd like more crack to it. I think the kick could come up just a wee bit.

Main distorted rhythm guitar was a bit muddy to me.

Agree on the bridge. It was a neat changeup. Some good lead playing. I like the way it transitioned back to the verse.

I'm hearing a tiny little crackle at 2:49.

Thanks for listening! I guess I have to get back in there and make some adjustments.

I think instead of turning up the vox, I'm gonna deal with those guitars. I have a tendency to make them too loud in nearly every song. I guess I'm a guitarist at heart, and love a good rock guitar! Epic mixing fail though. I'll see about notching out some mud too.

Interesting about the drums. I felt that they we're almost getting too upfront. Due to everything being related, I think bringing down the guitars some will make the vox and drums come out to play a little more. I'll brighten the snare, I agree with you. It might be too dark a reverb on it.

Not sure about the crackle, but I'll address that too if I can find it.

Thanks again!

Back