well my sister and i decided to start a producer+vocal group
i dont have the best equipments and
mixing vocals and instrumental is crazy hard to make it sound professional

please critic
we're kinda going for pop/hip-hop genre

Attachments

• goneawaydraft22_mixdown080212pt2.mp3
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Great voice and the song is nice and catchy too. The simple keyboard works as does the shaker. The drums are not my cup of tea - they sound good but the rhythm is a little out of sync or something. Besides the drums you've got a good tune and recording is good for starters...:D

Am gonna say the same. Good idea, catchy,...

Try to focus a bit more on drums mastering and that fast double snare hit is out of sync as it was mentioned before.

Otherwise, good job!!

Cheers :)

PS: I would change the kick as well but that is completely my personal opinion.

Thank you so much for listening and the critique, really appreciate it!
Catchy was definitely what we were aiming for, and her voice was the reason why we started in the first place.. so it seems like we're in the right track.
Far from a final product, I'll definitely look into those drumming problems.:)

Yes vocalist is great :) , the rest of the band can't really play though (maybe they have not played for long?)

Alright worked on some of the obvious problems as stated above. Please critique again :)

Attachments

• goneawaydraft22_mixdownfinalmaybe.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 7
Better timing. This IS catchy. But I think the drums are too loud or the keys are too quiet. Whichever, I can't hear the keys much at all after the beginning.

I agree with everything that has been posted. There's really not much else to say aside from the drums issue.

Back