Newb Rock/Metal Track

Elementmetal

Hi all

I'm new on here.
Just recorded a demo track which i've added to our myspace page. Track called Prophet Of Hate.

Recorded my rhythm guitar and vox with my SM57 going through Motu 8pre.
Drums were recorded using 5 SM57s. 1 being real (mine) the other 4 fakes.

Used Logic and wanted a raw type sound. Can already see i recorded the guitar too hot.
Drums, well did my best with the cymbal bleed. Any comments appreciated.

Other tracks on there from our debut album which was recorded pro last year.

Cheers

Adam
Element

www.myspace.com/elementsound

sounds great. the bass could be cranked a little bit more. but that would be my preferance. Overall this sound fantastic to me. Keep em coming. Im going to add you. O and how do you like logic? Im about to get logic express 8.

Cheers dude! Much appreciated!

I'm using Logic Pro 8 and find it great and easy to use.

I used to mess about with simple recordings when structuring our (the bands) songs etc using Garageband a couple years back.
When we went in studio to record our debut album last year the producer used Logic Pro 8. When i was recording my guitar parts i was watching him closely what he was doing, panning, cross fades, etc etc.

Thought i'd have a go myself to get great quality demos before we head back in studio.

From Garageband it initially LOOKED daunting, but after a solid amount of experimentation and burnt discs (from burning turd mixes/bounces), i'm hooked on Logic. Learn something new everyday and now have the recording bug!

Anyone have any eq suggestions?

I've done a few bounces of this, some which sound less mid scooped and actually a FULLER sound. On some stereos though was playing a little boomy so cut it back.

Any tips on how i can EQ better. Sometimes i listen and think its too mid scooped and bright/flat, other times it sounds good.

Need fresh constructive opinion if anyone willing so can re look tonight.

Cheers

Hey all,

ONLY just realised, i'd completely left one of the stereo tracks muted by mistake!!!
Re-uploaded the correct mix so far so if you heard the song earlier i apologise for the poor quality. The better one is online right now.

Please let me know your thoughts. All instruments are real and this was our first DIY attempt!

Cheers

Back