new vs old....

radiorickm

i have a small project studio, right now composed of a Tascam 424 Mk ii, and also a Fostex MR-8.

I do country/light rock unually recording in one track at a time. i have learned alot here of the forum and now have plans to upgrade things a little.

even with the MR-8 i need a mixing console. so i have done much research into boards. i have an opion, but i would like some of the oldtimers opinions also.

i have looked at the Behringer, mackie, yamaha, and spirit board new. i have read thousands of threads on them, the Behringer ub2442FX Pro seem to fit the bill on what i want. But some of you dont have a high opinion of Behringer ( and sometimes the Mackies)

I have came across a Tascam M-30 8 channel console used. it belonged to the owner of a music store, near my home town. he says it was just serviced and everhthing works perfectly.

i have aspirations of going to adat within a year or so. Probably 16 channels, but maybe 24

dont have a lot of $$. Looking to spend around $500.00 or less for the console.

I have looked on ebay. the thing is, the tascam is nearby and i can play with it. ebay is a big chance. New has it's advantages.

is the tascam worth the $250.00 he's asking, and does it compare to the new stuff.

any comments greatly appreciated

well, since i posted the original....the ebay gods have smiled upon me. i won bid on a small mackie for $100.00. so for the time being......it's gonna do.

i would still be interested on hearing comments on the tascam mixers from days of old though, if anyone has them

Back