New toy in the studio!

guitar junkie

Guitar User.
Well I have been playing acoustic full time now and needed money so I sold the one guitar that was not paying the bills and that was my Saga Strat....

I never really missed that guitar though since it pretty well sucked other than playing really well...

Now that I am married the shows are slowing down a bit as I go into studio production for other people and also take some classes and study harder on a few of my weaker links... I also plan to finish building the bigger studio above my house.

Ok so I'm rambling here:p

Buddy gave me an electric guitar for a wedding gift... It sucked so I took it in and traded it for one that didn't!

I now have a decent Yamaha Pacifica strat with a bridge humbucker and two single coils... Plays like butter all the way through the range and goes from thick and jazzy to big and twangy to thing and poppy sounding...

Next move is to get a decent amp... I guess I better go looking for a $20.00 amp on Criagslist :D

Those Pacificas have a pretty good reputation for being a dependable, affordable strat-style guitar. I think that they're one of the best values in the entry-level electric guitar market.

Enjoy!

A Pacifica 112 was my first electric, eons ago. It wasn't a bad guitar by any means, and while the USA Standard Strat that eventually replaced it was a much better guitar, the old one was still fun to pick up and play on occasion. :yesway:

yep
a mate of mine has one in his home studio back in Scotland
and ive used it on many recordings

i once even took it to a festival gig in Germany as i was afraid of having my own guitar damaged:o

they are great sounding guitars indeed
the only thing it suffered with slightly at that show
was the tuning sliupping,probably due to the huge lighting rig!:D

I have been using yamaha pasifica 112 (made in taiwan) for a decade....
And after some adjustments (changing some pickups and fine tuning the height) it is a very good sounding guitar, and it's structure is pretty beautiful and solid for a guitar for it's price range...

Pacificas are excellent guitars - not just for the money, but in general. Simply excellent quality. The 112 is the most popular model, but the range has many models, going from 199 bucks to well over 1,000. TelePaul has a nice 412; it's a couple of steps up from the entry level one, but still quite cheap. It's a beautiful looking and sounding instrument:

1Pacifica_412V_Enlarged.jpg

Pacificas are excellent guitars - not just for the money, but in general. Simply excellent quality. The 112 is the most popular model, but the range has many models, going from 199 bucks to well over 1,000. TelePaul has a nice 412; it's a couple of steps up from the entry level one, but still quite cheap. It's a beautiful looking and sounding instrument:

1Pacifica_412V_Enlarged.jpg
Do they make them in a lefty?

Do they make them in a lefty?

Yep, but they're hard to find. I'd urge you to try one out if you can - I think these are the best kept secrets of the guitar world. So cheap, but so good. If I'd tried one before I bought my American Strat....well, put it this way, I might be seven hundred bucks richer today. :)

Mine was only $110 used!

Black finish and a low action that just makes it play like a wet dream...

Still need a decent amp though...

Right now I have an ART tube preamp with a Mesa Boogie tube in it running into my firepod, with the MDA speaker simulator effect in my DAW...

Kinda wussy but I hope to have a shot at something better soon.

Mine was only $110 used!

Black finish and a low action that just makes it play like a wet dream...

Still need a decent amp though...

Right now I have an ART tube preamp with a Mesa Boogie tube in it running into my firepod, with the MDA speaker simulator effect in my DAW...

Kinda wussy but I hope to have a shot at something better soon.

Check the Roland Microcube for an awesome little practice amp. Congrats on the guitar, I agree, they're incredible playing and sounding.

I like the cube well enough, but since it is only gonna be used to record I think maybe a basic tube amp is in store... I saw where Crate knocked down the prices on the tube amps they make and Black Heart amps are sweet looking too but so are the Valve Jr amps...

I dunno I will just have to go for it when the money comes in...

I like the cube well enough, but since it is only gonna be used to record I think maybe a basic tube amp is in store... I saw where Crate knocked down the prices on the tube amps they make and Black Heart amps are sweet looking too but so are the Valve Jr amps...

I dunno I will just have to go for it when the money comes in...

My set-up these past few months has been Pacifica - Compressor - Epi Valve Jnr Combo

I'm using my pacifica through fender super champ xd (ss dsp + tube) and I use thomastik infeld swing series (flatwound) strings...
And I have changed the stock humbucker with a gold plated paf from GFS, and the middle the pickup with a lipstick from GFS. The stock neck pickup still stays but I have adjusted. The fact is it's original sound was not bad also...

Hey, GJ!

Congrats on getting married!

Haven't been around here for a while, and I guess I missed it.

Glad things are going well for you. If you want to get rid of that ART, let me know. I always wanted one to play around with. After i get a cab for my Epi Jr., if it still isn't what I'm looking for, maybe we could work out a deal.

Check you later, man, and good luck!

Hey, BTW, do you still have that acoustic for sale?

Back