Another new one.

Let me know what you think.

Baby Baby by Irish Pirate | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Baby Baby Mix 2 by Irish Pirate | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks

Baby Baby walking down the street, prettiest girl you'd ever meet
Baby Baby she looks so fine. So damn lucky this girl is mine
Baby Baby How could she know. Just how much I love her so
Baby Baby Let's go tonight. Dancing til the morning light.

Baby Baby She shakes her hips Walking down the city strip
Baby Baby and that low cut dress. Good God, I'm in distress
Baby baby with them high heel shoes gives a man the walking blues

Baby Baby she walked on by. Never looked me in the eye.
Baby Baby what did I say to make you want to walk away.
Baby Baby when you comin back? Because I need your heart attack.

Last edited:
Composition is a bit too retro for me but you've captured that 60s sound well. Drums and vocals sound very good. Mix is well balanced on headphones

Really good all around. Something that really strikes me is the sense of space you have here. I'm really getting a feeling like the music is in the room with me rather than simply listening to it coming out of my speakers.

What techniques did you use to develop the sense of space here? Pretty wide open question, but anything you care to share from recording to processing would be cool to hear.

Really good all around. Something that really strikes me is the sense of space you have here. I'm really getting a feeling like the music is in the room with me rather than simply listening to it coming out of my speakers.

What techniques did you use to develop the sense of space here? Pretty wide open question, but anything you care to share from recording to processing would be cool to hear.

Hey thanks. I'm not sure what exactly gives it the sense of space. I don't use any type of stereo enhancer. I always try to keep energy across the entire frequency spectrum balanced between Left and Right.

I have 3 guitar parts. 2 are nearly identical with only some minor differences in tone and timing. They are panned right and left at about 50%. The 3rd part is right in the middle. It plays the counter-melody type fill and then lead solo. During the counter fill stuff, I try to keep it simple and clean so it doesn't step on the vocals.

There are some backing vocals that are low in the mix and they are panned pretty wide.

Then the drums are EZDrummer. I didn't change anything from the default settings, so it's straight out of the box as far as mixing the drums go.
Hope this helps and thanks for listening.

I think it's good to go!! Fantastic work on those drums though, damn..:listeningmusic:

Ha, I would have a heart attack if I played drums like that. It's EZDrummer. I'd like to think there are drummers out there who can play like that. Kinda wish I had one in my band. I think my drummer would have a heart attack just listening to this song. lol :laughings:
Thanks Man!!

Sounds very professional, as other mentioned way too old school but that's (of course) cool. Congratulations!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the listen and kind words. Glad you all liked the song. Maybe I'm starting to make some progress on this whole mixing thing. How long have I been here? Coincidental, but 14 years ago today!!
:)

Sound reminds me of a rockabilly trio I saw in Nashville last year. During the verses one of the rhythm guitars (playing little chord/note accents), every once in a while would jump out at me, maybe just a little EQ to tone the harshness of it a little.

Thanks MJB. I'll look into that. I noticed an error with the bass part, so I might retrack it.

I sense more of a rock-a-billy vibe that would be cool with a standup bass and all that jazz. I think the song is mixed well and sounds great. Vocals really sound top shelf for this. My only crit(and its a tiny crit) is that all the guitars seem to be sharing the same tone or maybe just too close of tone/verb which kinda bunches them up a little too much for me. Regardless, excellent job

Thanks Brut. I appreciate the time to listen and comment.

Yeah. the two guitars on each side are basically the same. Little differences in tone, intentionally. The middle guitar has more crunch but still the same tele through the same amp (sim). Now that it's been a while since I listened to it, I'm thinking I can do better on those lead solo parts, so retracking that guitar might be in the future. If so, I'll change the tone up some more.

thnx.

Well it sounds great.
I think I would have done a pre-chorus leading into the chorus on that last line, it just feels like it's one bar too long.
IDK Lennon started doing that in his late Beatles work where he'd do a 2/4 bar to speed it up.
Probably not explaining myself too well.
Very nice boogie.

Sorry, not sure where you mean, but that's okay, it's cool how we look at things from a different perspective.

Glad you liked it, thanks much.

Back