new song #2, working mix #2

GONZO-X

TUNE 2 Mix #2 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

no working titles on these new songs i'm working on,
i'll figure that out later.
;)

this is the 2nd song towards the next album i'm working on....
this is the 2nd mix i've posted,
looking for suggestions about mix decisions,
bass and kick translations, vocal clarity, etc.

i appreciate any responses, or questions about the sessions or mixes.
as these are current working mixes, i'm changing them quickly.

Hey Gonzo-X.....nice work! I have to admit I'm only hearing this at the moment with (decent) cans..........but I can't nit pik much except for one thing. And this is more a matter of taste and nothing else. I think the background harmony/vocals (whatever you want to call them) need to be a little bit "wider". They sit too much in the middle and don't separate from the main vocal enough. Not saying to go real wide.......just move them out a bit. My 2 cents worth. Great song and thanks for the listen.

Excellent tune. Vocals are super. I might have mentioned it before, the backing vocals remind me of Yes, a lot. Tight performances and quality guitar tones throughout. My only mix observation on headphones is the HF seems a bit over excited, sizzly cymbals. Epic jam

Hey Gonzo-X.....nice work! I have to admit I'm only hearing this at the moment with (decent) cans..........but I can't nit pik much except for one thing. And this is more a matter of taste and nothing else. I think the background harmony/vocals (whatever you want to call them) need to be a little bit "wider". They sit too much in the middle and don't separate from the main vocal enough. Not saying to go real wide.......just move them out a bit. My 2 cents worth. Great song and thanks for the listen.

alright Mickster!
thanks for listening.....

background vox wider, check...
did this tweak last night (been out of town for 5 days.....) and yes, more clarity without buildup.
appreciate it!

Excellent tune. Vocals are super. I might have mentioned it before, the backing vocals remind me of Yes, a lot. Tight performances and quality guitar tones throughout. My only mix observation on headphones is the HF seems a bit over excited, sizzly cymbals. Epic jam

hey bulls!
thanks for the comments, you're right about the sizzle on the cymbals, trying to brighten the entire drum mix (the track is only a stereo 2-track, so i'm limited with control).... i was able to apply a deesser with the high end boost, and tame the cymbals while bringing up the air and room more.....
good ears!

Back