New plug worth checking out...

Damn tubedude!

I was afraid someone would say that! Now I have to scrape up ANOTHER 150....;)

Did you buy it or just check out the demo? How does it compare to other compressor / limiters like the STW MC??

Curious now. I'm afraid to down load yet another demo because I usually end up buying.... ;):D

Vintage Warmer

I do have the full version but I didn't buy it at first. I've got a few DAW's set up here at the studio so I told them the 30 sec trial was shyte and for them to let me try a full version. If I liked it I would but it for the other boxes. I liked it. I bought 3 packages.

I'm using this in place where I used to use the L1 Ultramaximixer. I havent used it on anything heavy duty yet tho it is sitting in a project on the main buss. It works very well with Nuendo. Zip...I can't compare it to the STW MC as I've not used it. I didn't get a chance to try spectro either...gaaaaa.

Vance

If you are so inclined...

You can download a free 14 day fully functional trial of the mastering compressor at...

www.sonictimeworks.com

Listen to me! I sound like a freakin STW salesperson!

I do like their stuff.

Shout back when you get a chance to A/B those analyzers....appreciate it!

zip >>

Tried Spectro....

:( Hated it. Sorry folx. This is nothing personal but I hated it. It's slow, a resource hog, looks bad and is not in the least bit accurate. It's a good concept but it looks like a toy...not a tool. Sorry folx. I'm saving my money on this one. If you've tried Pinguin it's hard to go back. It sux that Pinguin isn't Direct X and so pricey but a work around I use is to run Pinguin on a seperate output of the Delta 1010 to avoid conflicts and solo the track I want to analyze. Bingo...analyzing any track by soloing it. But if Spectro is working for you who can say who's wrong? It's all preference. Keep the plugs coming.

Vance

"not in the least bit accurate"

For 35 bucks I could care less about appearances etc...

But could you be a bit more descriptive about the accuracy vs Pinguin? (eg 2 to 3 dB off at X,Y,Z frequencies...)

I really didn't expect an EQUAL comparison but just how far off did you notice it was? Was it off (in comparison to Pinguin) in certain ranges (high,mid,low???)??

Knowing this would be really helpful.

But lets face it - even Pinguin like all audio software is based on algorhythms...probably none of them are nuts on.

zip >>

Vintage warmer is probably different from all the rest of them because it is designed to NOT be transparent, it imparts alot of flavor on the sound. Try it more for flavor than anything. Works real nice on bass, kick and snare, even overheads and vocals. Dont forget to try it on final mix, too. Just try it, period.

If anyone happends to be using a Mac, check out McDSP... one day it will come out for native, I hope, and then life will be better.

Look at the date on that one, doofus.
Thing is, you said you were on 2 weeks before I got my stuff in the mail. Still nothing from you ever. Did you ever have any intention? I'm still waiting, too... I dunno...

I tried the Brain Spawn stuff but didn't like the way it slowed my machine down.

I tried the Spectrum Analyzer Pro from these guys...

http://www.audio-software.com/

It's a stand alone unit that I installed on a spare laptop, the laptop line-in is connected to one of my mixer outputs. I can look at the whole mix or a solo track.

Ha i didn't see the date, but still

i more then fulfilled my part already with the 3 joints i sent you...while you haven't shown me shit so y should i send u the stuff??...and please come to NY talkin that doofus shit and see what'll happen to you...

tubedude said:
Look at the date on that one, doofus.
Thing is, you said you were on 2 weeks before I got my stuff in the mail. Still nothing from you ever. Did you ever have any intention? I'm still waiting, too... I dunno...

New York isnt any more bad ass than anyplace else. I hope you arent a big enough doofus to actually think that. I'd be willing to bet I know more murderers than you do. And I'm smart enough to NOT be proud of that fact.
The ghetto is the ghetto, doesnt matter where it is.

what? i'm talkin about me and u dummy, it has nothing to do with where i from

tubedude said:
New York isnt any more bad ass than anyplace else. I hope you arent a big enough doofus to actually think that. I'd be willing to bet I know more murderers than you do. And I'm smart enough to NOT be proud of that fact.
The ghetto is the ghetto, doesnt matter where it is.

Back