New Moderator

Lame Thrower said:
Generally, the folks here are pretty well behaved; However, at some point in the last couple months, someone came through here spamming, and RE told them in no uncertain terms to take it somewhere else.

Right...exactly my point. Months ago. And we were probably lucky he happened to log in at the right time to see it.

You know where you can stick that, smart guy.

No, where?

:confused:

Can you point to something specific that he let slide and shouldn't have? I'll wait for your answer instead of coming of like a condescending jerk.

Sure, and BTW calling me a condescending jerks just boosts my ego. ;) I would say various accusations of spam should have warranted an "official response" to clarify the position on how to deal with it. I.E., I don't think we need Gidge yelling bloody murder every time Alan posts something about SP mics, but I also think Alan needs to be told in no uncertain terms what constitutes spam. His posts do not bother me in general, but since they do bother others and often nasty words are exchanged needlessly I think setting some guidelines would lead to more productive topics. Another example would be the case of the guy who posted one of those "ad-bar" type referral schemes in almost every forum and it took until Dragon checked back in to have his posts deleted and his account banned. Also, there have been a number of instances of cross-posting lately, people missing the MP3 forum, etc.

I am a fan of laid-back, but present, moderation.

Sarcasm, Dolemite. Dolemite, Sarcasm. I'm glad it got a "LOL" at least.

Well next time at least give us a winky ( ;) ) to tip us off to stop and appreciate your cunning wit.

;)

If it ain't broken, don't f@ck with it...
The people that hang out here seem like a good bunch, there seems to be civilized discussions that don't need a policeman. And I don't think we receive excessive spam. What good is a moderator for if he's stepping into everything that is being discussed? :)

Lucho said:
What good is a moderator for if he's stepping into everything that is being discussed? :)

Right, but what good is a moderator that isn't there? ;)

Obviously there's a happy medium...

I vote for Monty.:D

All in all, I think more present moderation would be cool but I fear forum nazis as well.

It would have to be someone cool, fair and relatively wise. Guys like that don't do those types of jobs (see Harvey's post above)

heylow

Right...exactly my point. Months ago. And we were probably lucky he happened to log in at the right time to see it.

Learn to read. "Within the last couple months" does not equal "months ago". You watch alot of TeeVee dontcha?

No, where?

Ask a grown up.

Sure, and BTW calling me a condescending jerks just boosts my ego.

Well... take it where you can get it I guess.

I would say various accusations of spam should have warranted an "official response" to clarify the position on how to deal with it. I.E., I don't think we need Gidge yelling bloody murder every time Alan posts something about SP mics, but I also think Alan needs to be told in no uncertain terms what constitutes spam. His posts do not bother me in general, but since they do bother others and often nasty words are exchanged needlessly I think setting some guidelines would lead to more productive topics. Another example would be the case of the guy who posted one of those "ad-bar" type referral schemes in almost every forum and it took until Dragon checked back in to have his posts deleted and his account banned. Also, there have been a number of instances of cross-posting lately, people missing the MP3 forum, etc.

I am a fan of laid-back, but present, moderation.

The "Alan Problem" is highly overrated in my opinion. He makes no secret of who he is and what he does for a living. Most of his posts don't cross the line of good taste, and when they do, there is always someone there to call him on it. Either way, this is an issue for Dragon to resolve, not RE, as it is not limited to the mic forum.

My only point is that, this forum seems to be running fine, whether it's because of RE or in spite of him. He is pretty hands off, but in this case it works.

Really, the main problem with this board is crap like this eating up too much bandwidth. So without further ado, consider me gone.

PS... Oh, and here's your damn winky back ;)

More for me!

Lame Thrower said:
Really, the main problem with this board is crap like this eating up too much bandwidth. So without further ado, consider me gone.

Looks like we just got some of that bandwidth back!

:D

darrin_h2000 said:
There needs to be a new Sheriff in town, I nominate Buck62.:cool:

Thanx, partner... ;) but I don't know 10% of what Weston and Harvey know about microphones.

Now maybe if we had an Automatic Weapons Forum.... I could probably moderate that one with relative ease! :D

Dragon?

Re: More for me!

Dolemite said:

Looks like we just got some of that bandwidth back!

Somehow, the best part of Dolemites barbed wit and sarcasm is always the avatar.:D

The face says it all! It's right up there with that Frank dude's monkey....where'd he go anyway?

LOL:D

heylow

I know this is off topic(sorry dudes) but ever since I joined the forum I can't see anyone's avatars!Before I joined I could see them fine,now nothing!I really used to like looking at them and now I feel like I'm not included in the funniest shit!I want to see them again!Lots of exclamation points!Shows I'm excited!

Peace dudes!

You get to see the avitars after you pay for the avitar fee. The good news is we have a special today and if you Email me your real name, SSN, and all of your Credit Card #s, Ill make sure you see those avitars in a swift fashon.:D

Darrin,you dog!Trying to scam a po'man,I swear.Nice try though,something tells me the fee would be about the price of a new ECM at least!:D

Lame Thrower said:
You know where you can stick that, smart guy.

DUDE. I don't wanna brag or anything, but I'm the smart guy around here, you got that?

I hate it when this happens. Don't these people know nothing?? :rolleyes:

Yo, Harvey here, and I ain't no brutha,
I'm just inta mics and I'm one heavy mutha.
I can rap on em long as nobody will dis me,
Or I'll be out the door and nobody will miss me.

I don't suffu no fools, but I'll answer their questions,
I don't need that shit cuz it gives me indigestion.
Don't need no Uzi's or no AK-47's,
I'm bad enough at 65;ain't goin' to heaven.

Y'all seem to think that a C-1000's good,
Well, maybe where you are, but not in my 'hood.
Yeah, I like Marshalls, and Alan's stuff's a hit,
But some of the other mics just sound like pure shit.

You can take my advice for whatever it's worth,
But that's not the reason I've been put on this earth.
I can tell ya if I think a mic is good or it's crap,
But you gotta use your own ears and do your own rap.

Yo, Cue, I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm bad.........

:cool:

WOW!!

OH...MY...GAWD...

Now I have seen everything. Harvey that was the best post I've seen all year, it should be in the FAQ's!

Tom Cram
dbx Senior Technical Support
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
-Noam Chomsky-

Re: Re: More for me!

heylow said:

Somehow, the best part of Dolemites barbed wit and sarcasm is always the avatar.:D

The face says it all! It's right up there with that Frank dude's monkey....where'd he go anyway?

LOL:D

heylow

Okay, I know I said I was leaving, but this is just rediculous. I say "This conversation is a waste of bandwidth, so I'm leaving." And he says "Ho ho, looks like we're getting some bandwidth back!" and he's some kind of fucking comedic genius?

You guys are a pair of marginally literate ass clowns.

That avatar is pretty funny though.

Nice rappin' BTW Harvey.:)

Harvey,

You are "THE MAN" :)

Generally speaking, it is nearly always the same people who find some way to have a little jibe at either Studio Projects or Alan himself and oddly enough those people are by far in the minority here. Some of those same people have been known to be intolerant and offensive to newbies who for whatever reason have not followed normally accepted "net" and BBS etiquette........I didn't see the moderators of those other forums stepping in to control the ensuing shit fights there either. Fact is that moderation of the whole HR.com site is almost non-existant.

Ametth,

Your opinion of RE as moderator, is just that.....YOUR OPINION......and from numerous past comments you have made in regard to Alan, you are in the above mentioned minority.
If you don't approve of the way this forum "runs", I suggest you don't bother to "enter" it...................or was this thread started as another way to generate some anti-Hyatt feeling round here.

:cool:

Harvey,
Sounds like this could be the mic forum anthem!!! :D
(may be edited a little there are minors here)

Back