New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello everyone,
My name's Isaiah Anderson and I play guitars for this Metalcore band called, GODIA, India.
We're working on our debut DIY full length album at the moment. I've always used this website for inputs. It was only now i decided to join the website. Hope we get to know each other well.
Cheers from India!

Hello!

My name is Mackenzie and I have just started producing and attempting to record my stuff, which I would describe as ambient (in the vein of groups like Talk Talk or Bark Psychosis). I knew this would be a much better place to ask questions than say, reddit, because I can feel the positivity from the posts I've seen so far. :)

Hi, I'm Bob and have just started to learn recording in the last year or so. I come from a Boston Hardcore background and was no stranger to playing music and being in the studio in my twenties...but having kids etc. forced me into taking a break from all that which lasted about 15 years or so. When I was recording in studios back in the day I never paid attention to anything that was going on unfortunately...now I wish I'd been paying much closer attention to the whole process. But anyways I'm working hard at trying to make things sound the way I'd like them to sound and hope to learn a LOT here.

Hey everyone!

My name's Andreas, and I'm a music addict. Although I'm primarily a piano player, I try and play as many instruments as I can. I've always been interested in creating things from the very beginning to the very end, which is how I found interest in recording and mixing. I thrive to master the full process from writing a song, to playing and recording the instruments and vocals, to mixing the song, to producing a music video. And as a means to chase this vision, I'm currently running a Youtube channel where I do just that.

I came here to this forum to find people like me, who wants to improve their skills in the arts of recording and mixing. And to find a community with active discussions and sharing tips and tricks as well as questions and struggles.
Let us all improve together! :D

Hello, Guys! I'm really new to this!
I'm Lennon and I'm literally quite a noob at home studio. I'm looking for help about MIDI controllers for recording and live performances, as well for mixing and mastering tips.

Music is Bliss

Hell Guys,

Im really new to this industry . I have decided to setup a small home vocal recording studio for my partner. She is really interested in singing . Therefore using Google as my guide and trying to figure what gear do i need for a decent setup

Regards,
Bala

Hell Guys,

Im really new to this industry . I have decided to setup a small home vocal recording studio for my partner. She is really interested in singing . Therefore using Google as my guide and trying to figure what gear do i need for a decent setup

Regards,
Bala

Welcome! I moved your other post to a new thread. Will be chatting soon! :)

Hello everybody, just signed up! My name is Angel, I'm from Mexico
I have a band named Stendhal, I was the vocalist & guitarist, things changed 2 weeks ago, now I'm bassist & vocalist
Our main genre is punk with a little bit of bluesy stuff in there. I got here to really learn about audio engineering, I hope everyone here can help or give some clues. I've always been very interested into this topic, and learned it by myself, but I'm really not satisfyed and, in some small gigs or even in rehearsals, it's frustrating how the things mess up, I would really like to have a unique sound, and I know everybody has to look for it and there's no real way to get it, but, I'd like to know how to get into the tools and really understand what I'm doing. Anyways, this is me, I hope I can give some advice to everyone too, or become what I want to be here. Thanks :)

sharpstuff

Dear HomeRecording,

I write formally, so excuse that, if you so wish. I do not generally like forums (and anti-social networking sites) but I would like some help, if possible.

The so-called 'digital age' has spawned a great number of devices to turn Nature upon her head.

I am old enough (more than three-score-and-ten) and still work with analogue systems where I can.

In simple, I have a perfectly working Tascam Porta One, which I bought in the 80's. I produced a number of four-track tapes upon which is my music, which is mainly just that (I don't write 'songs'). I do write poetry but that is another matter.

I also have three 'normal' stereo cassette players but they have not been used for a long time and I can't seem to mix the four-track down to two-track to make some recordings to put onto CD. I haven't an interest in MP3.

I need to be able to connect the four-track to my computer (not a lap-top thing).

If I plug the Tascam into the line in (of the computer), with Audacity, for example, it will not record and I can't hear any sounds. (I would prefer to use Goldwave, any, as I have had it for nearly 20 years).

I have tried all the settings in Audacity. I have tried to use a cassette player between the four-track and the computer, with a tape set up for record+pause but nothing.

What I need is something to take the output of the Tascam and relay the signals to the computer and mix down from 4 to2 tracks. Does this make sense?

I would think that there must be some unit I can purchase (at reasonable cost) that can do the trick but I haven't found anything, hence my asking here.

I have a pretty powerful computer and run Windows Xp (and will no other drivel Microsoft come up with).

If anyone can sensibly help, I would be most grateful. If you need any more details, I will happily supply them.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the industry, Bala. Please feel free to reach out if you need any help getting going.

Cheers,

Joseph Herald
Owner, Smooth River Studio
Blog: www.proaudioentrepreneur.com

[email]smoothriverstudio@gmail.com
[/EMAIL]

Hell Guys,

Regards,
Bala

Wassup, guys?

So, I'm a brand noobie to this whole recording studio thang but I hope to make it a big part of my pastime. I've been bangin' on these drums for many years and have recently been bitten by the 'drum cover' bug. Currently, I'm waiting on the rest of my equipment to arrive via UPS. I'll be running a Roland TD-10 (4 toms, bass & snare) with acoustic cymbals with 3 condenser mics for the cool factor when recording for YouTube. I'm sure I'll have MANY questions as I venture into this new world but I'm really excited. Looking forward to getting to know each & every one of you.

Oh, my interface is the Pascam US-16x8 which will be run through Audacity, for now. Just want to give as many details about my set-up as possible, so it'll help with my questions later. :)

Shayne

Hello :drunk:

I am a podcaster that reviews other podcasts. If you know of a great podcast, please let me know. And because I review other podcasts, my podcast has to be perfect.

I also just got a Fender bass guitar... So I will need to learn about recording that as well.

Hi everyone. Ive just started playing the guitar again a year ago after a good 10 year break. Had a mixer for a few months now and really enjoying the options using a mixer has opened up. But finding that correct sound and mixing tracks together is still very much a minefield for me right now so look forward to getting some advice in here. Im gonna be asking plenty if i cant find it . Will be a while before i can contribute but am sure i can give opinions and thoughts until ive progressed a bit more in home recording.

Hello everyone!

My name is Gabe, and I'm here for the same reason I'd imagine most others are - I love music and I love making it. I started my home recording journey about a year ago, and I'm learning and getting better each day! I've browsed this forum for answers to my never ending list of questions several times, and I figured I'd finally register. You guys have a great community full of people who are just overflowing with knowledge and experience.

Outside of music production, I'm interested in art of all kinds - music, writing, painting, animating, film making, etc. I started my own small business with the ultimate goal of becoming a transmedia production company. I want to be a resource that artists of all kinds can use to help create, share, and monetize their work. It would also be a supportive environment of talented people from different fields that can work together and take their ideas and projects further as a result. I still have a long way to go in getting there, but I'm loving every step of the journey.

Thanks for taking the time to read. See ya'll around!

Hi folks. I'm a complete amateur but I get a lot of pleasure from recording and mixing. I have a very basic setup but I do want to get the best out of it. Anyway, I hope to learn from the experts here and maybe even contribute a little myself in time. Cheers!

Good Evening.

Firstly, I must say I'm surprised nobody else had picked the name "Tinny". Maybe that's a dirty word among audiophiles, eh?

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and from what I've glanced at around the forum, I expect I'll learn a lot from being here.

Cheers.

Hello!

My name is Tommy Sirois and I want to create a recording home studio / mixing studio to create music for video games. (I'm a video game programmer and want to be a music creator too)

Back