New Melvins LP

peopleperson

I'm so sorry.
Senile Animal.

They've combined the Melvins with another incredible band called Big Business so now, two drummers. Best Melvins LP in ten years. Anyone heard it yet?

You gotta give a band credit for being around 20 years, constantly trying new things, and killing shit virtually everytime.

a couple of months ago i saw Fantomas Big Band wich is the melvins, mike patton, slayers dave lombardo and some guitar dude i don't know.

fucking awesome !!!

I'm seeing Big Business with them soon. Saw Big Business with High on Fire awhile back. IN, CRE, DIBLE. High on Fire was also incredible. But Big Business blew me away.

The Melvins are Incredible and if you have a chance to see them live... Awesome!! Have seen them about 10 times... Just saw the Big Business show and it was Kick a s s! Dale is such a great drummer and to have another bad a s s drummer playing w/ him was killer. Big Business played for about 45 mintes them Buzz and Dale joined em for a MelVisiness set. I have heard the New Melvins album (w/ BB) is much more straight ahead and focused than a "normal" Melvins album which usually have weird, experimental sounds/songs. But I love all the weirdness of the Melvins. Maybe this one will get them more recognition that they so deserve?

I had never heard BB before and they were cool... I should pick up one of there Discs.

B.

Booda said:
The Melvins are Incredible and if you have a chance to see them live... Awesome!! Have seen them about 10 times... Just saw the Big Business show and it was Kick a s s! Dale is such a great drummer and to have another bad a s s drummer playing w/ him was killer. Big Business played for about 45 mintes them Buzz and Dale joined em for a MelVisiness set. I have heard the New Melvins album (w/ BB) is much more straight ahead and focused than a "normal" Melvins album which usually have weird, experimental sounds/songs. But I love all the weirdness of the Melvins. Maybe this one will get them more recognition that they so deserve?

I had never heard BB before and they were cool... I should pick up one of there Discs.

B.

Sure seems that way. The new LP is already getting great reviews. It is real straight forward. It reminds me a lot of the Stoner Witch LP. It's fantastic.

The show by the way was fantastic. Big Business and the Melvins together as one band is something to behold. The conjoined, symmetrical drumset was amazing. Go see this show if you can!

I must get it. Really talented...Really different music. I always thought dale G. was an amazing drummer. I can only imagine what this album will sound like.

Whoa, am listening to Senile Animal right now. I could never really get into the Melvins, but this is incredible stuff. I love the Big Business influence. And yeah, Dale is an amazing drummer.

Oh man, seeing the two drummers together live is insane.

Two words....

Ear and Plug

Seriously. It was nearly painful. If the house PA hadn't SUCKED and actually had working horns in the top boxes, it would have been even more deadly.

peopleperson said:
Oh man, seeing the two drummers together live is insane.

Two words....

Ear and Plug

Seriously. It was nearly painful. If the house PA hadn't SUCKED and actually had working horns in the top boxes, it would have been even more deadly.

I'm going to the charlotte show. It's too close to miss.

gcapel said:
I\'m going to the charlotte show. It\'s too close to miss.

If you haven\'t bought your ticket for the Milestone, you\'re SOL. Sold out. I\'m gonna be going to the Cat\'s Cradle show and the one at Ground Zero. Milestone would have been an awesome place to see them though. They\'re also playing at the Orange Peel in Asheville, which is an awesome venue if you can stand the drive.

timthetortoise said:
Whoa, am listening to Senile Animal right now.

Where did you get it? It comes out on the 10th. I checked http://ipecac.com/ and it still says the 10th. I can't wait to hear it!!

B.

PS- I've been trying to attach a Melvns/BB picture from a recent show but it's too big... Anyone know of a FREE app that will convert or Shrink a Jpg. file down. I've been looking for the last 1/2 hour and most are $20-$30. I just want to make a file smaller nothing fancy.
Thanks,
B.

Back