New guitar.....

SHEPPARDB.

Finally got good and fed up with tuning issues on my Les Paul studio and traded that pc of shit in(even) for this.(the one on the left)All I can say
is WOW!This fucker rocks!

Attachments

• axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 132
Nice ..... is that the more affordable PRS?
I've been eying one.
Yep.It is called an SE Custom.I think they go for around $550.00.You should
check one out.Really well made and plays better than just about anything
I've ever played.
I may end up changing out the pups.Not sure yet.I'll try it out on stage befor
I decide.

Similar experience

I had a Studio way back when, and I hated it too (even though I love LPs).

I want to want one of those SEs like that, with the 2HB, but for some reason, every one I play is just OK, but the one that REALLY plays great are the SE Soapbar IIs. I don't get it, because they should be the same guitar, just one has HB, one has P90s, but they're not. There is a subtle difference between either the neck or the fretboard, or both, that just makes all the difference in the world. This is just relating to my hands, I know. YMMV.

But the thing is, I don't want another P90 guitar. I want the 2HB.

And I just can't see buying the P90 version and immediately hacking it up putting HBs in.

Grrrr!

I had a Studio way back when, and I hated it too (even though I love LPs).

I want to want one of those SEs like that, with the 2HB, but for some reason, every one I play is just OK, but the one that REALLY plays great are the SE Soapbar IIs. I don't get it, because they should be the same guitar, just one has HB, one has P90s, but they're not. There is a subtle difference between either the neck or the fretboard, or both, that just makes all the difference in the world. This is just relating to my hands, I know. YMMV.

But the thing is, I don't want another P90 guitar. I want the 2HB.

And I just can't see buying the P90 version and immediately hacking it up putting HBs in.

Grrrr!

seems to me that when I read the early blurbs about those two guitars ..... they had slightly different scale lengths.

seems to me that when I read the early blurbs about those two guitars ..... they had slightly different scale lengths.

Really? That seems kind of weird, but I'll check into it.

I really love the way the soapbar's neck feels, but I wanted a guitar that I could put some Pearly Gates in.

Really? That seems kind of weird, but I'll check into it.

I really love the way the soapbar's neck feels, but I wanted a guitar that I could put some Pearly Gates in.
Bad news ..... went to their site and the SE Soapbars have been discontinued.
It didn't show any different scale lengths though. But I'm SURE I remember that was the issue between me wanting one model over another.
Wonder what models it was??????

excellent score...

i got a gray custom se with tremolo last march. put a set of locking tuners on it and tweaked the nut.

i love that guitar.

might change the pups later but the stock ones aren't bad at all.

congratulations.

later...

Back