New blues track posted - comments welcome

bigmahon

Still learning
Hey gang,

Haven't made much music lately, but finally managed to put together a new blues track, called Tell Your Mama. Would greatly appreciate any feedback you might have. Link below.

Tell Your Mama

Many thanks!

Chris

bigmahon said:
Hey gang,

Haven't made much music lately, but finally managed to put together a new blues track, called Tell Your Mama. Would greatly appreciate any feedback you might have. Link below.

Tell Your Mama

Many thanks!

Chris

Cool! Nice guitar tones. Sounds very well performed.

Only two things I'd say. Vocals seem too far out front to me and the big reverb/delay? on the lead seems a little out of place against a pretty dry rythem guitar. sounds like the rythem is in a small club and the lead is in a collisium.

Oh,, and the drums seem a little to far back in the mix to me.

I guess that makes three

Very cool song and great playing & singing. sounds well recorded too:)

F.S.

Thanks for the comments Freudian Slip! Very useful indeed. :)

I will try to push the drums a little harder, and perhaps bring down the vox a bit.

Thanks for listening! ;)

Chris

Cool voice and good blues here. Enjoyable tune.
The vox aren't necessarily too loud, just drier than the instruments as F.S. said. Just try adding some verb to even out their room sound.
Bass sounds good on my system, guitar tones too.
Cool track :cool:

Awesome guitar tone for the most part. Some parts are a bit over-processed. I would take the lead vox down a bit too. Cool guitar sound man, really liking it. Love blues.

Nice track.
The vox are too up front as folk have said.
The b/vox are cool but v/quiet.
Lead lines are terrific.
The bass is chugging along nicely but could use a little 3khz boost for definition.
The bass drumm could use a little bass boost.
The rhythm guitar is sweet.
I know I'm a tool for making a bundle of comment but this track only needs a few tweaks to be a fine piece of whitebread blues.

Sounds like the singer has a nice deep voice, but to my ears there's too much chorus or something on the vocal, like it's being touched up in some way. The lead work is tremendous.

Hey guys, thanks for the listen, and thanks for the comments! :)

rayc, Don't worry. I really appreciate the multiple suggestions/comments! It helps me a lot. Sometimes I lose the ability to hear what needs to be done in my own music (don't we all?) ! :rolleyes:

Thanks again gang!

Chris

The tune is nice. The guitars are very cool. The vox are a little too much affected with the chorus or the delay or whatever that effect is. The verb is fine.

The solo is what would termed as "rockin'".

I'm gonna disagree with a few previous posts, and say the lead vocals are a good level. The backup vocals are cool too - I can hear the effect you're going for and I think that it works. The lead is smokin' but I'm wondering what a drier sound on it might do for the mix. Just a few other mixing items that have already been mentioned, but overall a very cool blues tune.....

:) :D :) :D

bigbubba, thanks for the comment on the vocal sound. I'm getting mixed reviews on this one. I traditionally have a tendency to over-process my vocal tracks, most likely due to my own low self-esteem. ;)

ido1957, thank you for offering a diffent view! I have hemmed and hawed about the lead tone, but thought a Gary Moore type sound might work in the end. Might go back and try for Billy Gibbons next. :cool:

Thanks for listening guys!

Chris

Back