New amp for Greg - Bladow! (lots of pics)

Jealousy sits in a chair looking at a computer screen, wishing to be Bubba po right now...

LOL- It's a new purchase, so unforeseen downsides may be lurking in the metaphorical woodpile. However, the price is low enough to factor in certain maintenance expenses and still be happy. I can't wait to gig the thing. :D

I gigged the JVM tonight, and all bar a little tweaking I'm extremely happy with it. I managed about 75% of the set without any major volume/ feedback/ footswitching errors. There was only a couple of times when the metaphorical tiny Stonehenge began to descend from above, but on the whole it sounded awesome. Much clearer and more articulate than the TSL.

I gigged the JVM tonight, and all bar a little tweaking I'm extremely happy with it. I managed about 75% of the set without any major volume/ feedback/ footswitching errors. There was only a couple of times when the metaphorical tiny Stonehenge began to descend from above, but on the whole it sounded awesome. Much clearer and more articulate than the TSL.
:thumbs up:

Nice Bubba, while I've never played through a JVM, I was pretty sure you'd get along with it because of the programmable thing...It should only get better with time too, the more you use it, the more you'll get used to it...

Congrats man!!!

Awesome man. Congrats. :)

Come on Bubba, tell us about the Tiny Stonehenge moment. Did you actually click on clean, phasered delay when you should have been going for punky powerchords?

Come on Bubba, tell us about the Tiny Stonehenge moment. Did you actually click on clean, phasered delay when you should have been going for punky powerchords?
The worst one was clicking the OD2 channel for a solo, my massive plates of meat covered that button and the master vol. one at the same time. Furthermore I think my foot had a bit of a spaz and double-clicked OD2 which sent it into orange mode on a high-ish gain setting. The double whammy of master volume boost and high gain sent everything into a holocaust of squealing feedback. I think the pa guys and the crowd loved it. :D Up to that point I hadn't put a foot wrong with it - it behaved perfectly.

I think "Tiny Stonehenge Moment" deserves to become more widely-used.

Good score Bubba, nice to have the live sounds covered without amp or pedal swapping.
It really was excellent. Holiday in Cambodia was a good one - it needs a light crunch setting so it works well with the echo, plus a volume boost. I used to have to fart around with the amp settings, but last night it took two clicks and I was done.

Nice Bubba, while I've never played through a JVM, I was pretty sure you'd get along with it because of the programmable thing...It should only get better with time too, the more you use it, the more you'll get used to it...

Congrats man!!!
Exactly, Miner. It's a bit like getting used to another instrument. I was the same with the TSL when I first got it.

I wear Chucks. They're sleeker and more athletic than big clumsy Docs, so hitting multiple buttons isn't an issue for me. :D

So how was the switching lag?

I wear Chucks. They're sleeker and more athletic than big clumsy Docs, so hitting multiple buttons isn't an issue for me. :D

So how was the switching lag?

I wore Converse to minimise the foot size problem last night, I just hit the switch inaccurately! :D The lag wasn't noticeable - I just have to train myself to hit the button and release immediately; more of a tap than a stamp. It helps having a rhythm guitarist to cover these small glitches. :thumbs up:

Haha yeah. I might drag my JVM out next weekend. It's been a while. You got me interested in it again. I used my 800 this past weekend and it crushed vaginas, as it always does.

Love my JVM (410H 1960 A cab)...Picked it up a few years ago, on Greg L's advice/suggestion..

My only suggestion, is for you to pick up a noise gate..I use the G string 2..works PERFECTLY!
(FX loop -10db 100% WET)..
ISP Technologies Decimator G String II | Musician's Friend

View attachment 96187

Haha I remember you! The G-String works good. The JVM is noisy if you use dork-metal levels of gain. I know I use don't use enough gain to need a gate. I doubt bubba does either.

Back