New 2nd HD - which folders to change?

Mountainmirrors

kaleidoscopic renegade
I just bought a second internal HS for audio. Which folders should be set to go there by default in Sonar now? Just the Waves and per-project folders?
Thanks!

Yep.

If you use a lot of samples, it might make sense to also put these on your fastest drive to minimise access times.

Q.

Qwerty said:
That's a new one for me. Why so, Jaymz?

Ciao,

Q.
That's actually an old one. I presume it's so that the drawing/retrieval of the waveform pictures does not interfere with the audio streaming from the second disk. (IOW, the same reason for keeping everything else on the OS drive.)

Also, there is a divided school of thought on the wisdom of keeping samples on the audio drive as well. I don't claim to know the answer to that one, but I've seen it argued both ways (with the majority saying NOT to keep them on the audio drive).

Yes, dachay's right. If I'm not mistaken, Pic cache is like "temporary file" that stores waveform picture data you see on tracks. It's changing it's size as you record/insert new audio data into tracks. Since audio is more important and given higher priority than the pic shown, you better don't put it with audio drive, so it won't interfere the audio streaming from/to audio drive.

;)
Jaymz

Back