Need some new guitar racks/stands.. Whats everybody using?

muttley600

Banned
Like I said, I'm in the process of re organising my guitar storage space both during the build process and in my studio/office. As you can imagine I have quite a few and have been using some I knocked up years ago. They are just about shot now and I don't have time to build replacements.

Specifically looking for racks that can securely hold finished instruments safely in the smallest amount of space. It seems the standard 7 way racks are all that is available unless you are using something different. Are they any good these days? Last time I looked into them they were pretty average...

Can't you build something for that? I would think it would be more economical that trying to find commercial offerings.

How many instruments do you need to store?

I've built them in the past. Right now I don't have time as I'm stacked out with work and it's not cost effective.

At any time I can have around 15- 20 guitars in the workshop and another 12 - 15 hanging about waiting to be moved on. Then I have my own gear those live in cases most of the time.

Just do what the pawn shop does man. Nail up that board type material with a shit load of holes in it. You know the one they use for the guitar wall hangers? You stick the wall end of the hangers in the little holes in the board and can rearrange them as needed :D

NeighborhoodPawn-GuitarWall.jpg

I got one of the cheap 5-guitar racks on ebay (same as the 7's). I had to replace the bolts and nut becasue the originals would just work loose all the time. Used nuts that have soft plastic in them and lock well. I think all of these racks are the same, whether is is cheap no-name or name brand, they are probalby all built in China. Of course the "5" or "7" is relative - put an acoustic guitar in one, and all of a sudden you can't use the space next to it. By arranging the guitars right, I can get 2 acoustics and 2 electrics on mine.

Back