need cubase/boss 880/bfd/presonus help

extendedping

I used my recording system (firepod, windows xp, cubase sl3, boss dr rhythm 880, zoom g9.2tt, and bfd drum software) last year for about a month. well the apartment got cleaned the stuff went into the closet and taken out again today. and sadly I have forgotton all that I learned. ok here are some questions....

1) how do I get the drum sounds (boss 880) into cubase? I have a big pile of cables and I don't know what to use...do I go direct from the usb on the 880 to the usb on my laptop? I see a cable that has a Y connection on one end that can go into the midi in and midi out on the 880 and then usb into the laptop.....or do I go from fhe 880 into the firepod and then into the laptop....I have no idea :(

2) for the bfd...it says to go to vst instruments and then select bfd stereo. but this is not a n option. so I go to plug in information and I see bfd under direct x plugins but not under vst plugins. and I don't know how to add it to the vst plugins which I am assuming it must appear in in order to be seen under the vst instruments panel. hmmm total brain freeze don't know how to set this up. so as it is I don't know how to get either the bfd drums in or the boss 880 in.

thanks in advance...sad I spent a pretty penny on this and I have no clue how to get it working :) :(

....or do I go from fhe 880 into the firepod and then into the laptop....I have no idea

You DID keep the manuals for all your gear, right?

My suggestion would be to go back and read them and start to recover from your brain freeze.

Just to get you started in the right direction, plug the midi out of the Firepod into the midi in of the 880, then go into the 880 and set the clock to 'external'. This will mean that Cubase will be the tempo master and the 880 the slave. Plug the main left and right outs of the 880 into the Firepod, and assuming you have speakers or headphones hooked up which you don't mention you should be hearing the 880. Then enable recording on the Cubase audio tracks and you will be back on your way.

Back