Need a simple shoping list. Help!!

Alighieri

Okay seeings as how my last post didn't help, maybe because I hasn't specific enough, I'm going to ask again.

I need help on a shopping list. Right now the only thing I have is an acoustic guitar, a Guitar Hero World Tour mike, and a Windows Xp computer with Mixcraft, Adobe Audition 3 and Audacity.

What am I missing in order to get a simple recording studio in my room. Do I need a mixer, more mike's, firmware, what ever that is, what should i get? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mind you I'm a bit short on cash so if you can also recommend cheap but reliable brands that would also help.

What am I missing in order to get a simple recording studio in my room. Do I need a mixer, more mike's, firmware, what ever that is, what should i get?

What are you missing? The same thing the Scarecrow was missing.

You don't need a mixer.

You do need an interface.

You do need a better mike.

You do need the capacity to undertake research.

Interface you can find for under 100 bucks.... look at these brands... Lexicon, M-Audio, Tascam just to name a few...

you will need a mic... i'd look for a decent condenser or dynamic mic for w/e your price range is.... a good one that will serve you well is an sm57 which is 100 bucks... might be out of your range.... its hard to tell when you dont specify.

well combined for interface and mic you will be ok....

www.musiciansfriend.com very good website that im sure you will enjoy quite a bit at a starting level.

the first rig i started with was a Lexicon Omega and an SM57... served me well for what i wanted to do untill i was able to get stable enough for when i wanted to get serious.

Look up the Lexicon Lambda (not the omega) in that website that i showed you... comes with the recording software you need which is Cubase LE.... if you are on a computer that runs Vista... theny ou will need Cubase LE4.

If i were you... i'd get the Lexicon Lambda and an SM57.... which will run you around 250..room left over for cables and stands.

i'd look at equivalents to those tho... everyone has different opinions.

the lambda costs 150 bucks... the mic is 100...

Back