NanoCompressor???

ad0lescnts said:
I've seen this it's got cool stuff including a de-esser..anyone used them??

Hmmm. But then unfortunately you would have to purchase the Alesis De-Nano-izer. Don't mess with the Sha-nano-gins. I do have a Nanoverb that i use for a headphone mix. But I always where a condom.

Fangar

ad0lescnts said:
you people make no sense!

Ok. I will put it in a way you might better understand. They suck. They are noisy and annoying to use. I have one and the Nanoverb. How's that? On second thought they are great. Wanna buy mine?

Fangar

Wanna' buy an Alesis 3630!!?? Original carton,manual and warranty! Used only 7 times and makes a great effect box
for bass when gates are in use!

MISTERQCUE said:
Wanna' buy an Alesis 3630!!?? Original carton,manual and warranty! Used only 7 times and makes a great effect box
for bass when gates are in use!

You dirty fart Q! I see how you are. You just start sellin the kids. First Mistress ADAT and now more. What's next. You can't sleep at night now that she is gone, can you? I know buddy. That sting will fade. Hang in there. But selling your kids now won't bring her back or help to relieve the pain. When you put that VHS tape in your VCR to record something, you think of her don't you. Better get a DVD bud.

:p

Peace

Fangar

I have a Nano compressor and it works fine on my stereo mixes. It's very clean and sounds spread out nicely with the right settings. I Have not had many problems with it. I would suggest getting it if you have never had a compressor before. The settings are similar to some of the professional compressor's we use at my school. It's a good tool to use when trying to learn about compression.

chalin27 said:
I have a Nano compressor and it works fine on my stereo mixes. It's very clean and sounds spread out nicely with the right settings.

The settings are similar to some of the professional compressor's we use at my school. It's a good tool to use when trying to learn about compression.
I disagree 100%......

And anyways for $100 more he could buy an RNC........

Bruce

I guess will just have to disagree. You also have to realize if your music isn't clean before you compress it all kinds of noise will be brought to the front of your recording when you do. Also you say you disagreed but you didn't explain why.

I disagree because the Nanocompressor is basically junk...

...if you find it useful, that's great, but the nature of your comments demonstrate your lack of experience with compressors in the first place....!

Bruce

Lack of Experience with compressors???

Any one who has knowledge about mixing knows that the use of a dynamic effect has to do with a desired taste and creativity. Why would what I said earlier have anything to do with experience. I have used some outboard compressors and some from the console. It just depends on your taste. The guy was simply asking for an opinion. All you can give is that it is junk. As a professional or semi professional engineer if your going to offer advice give a little detail. If you have so much experience with this particular compressor why didn't you explain why you thought the compressor was junk. Simply saying the product is junk is not a good explanation to me. It also doesn't sound like an expierienced one either. I simply told him to give the product a try. It's a good learning tool. It's not the best compressor out but it's not a bad one either.

chalin27 said:
Lack of Experience with compressors???

Any one who has knowledge about mixing knows that the use of a dynamic effect has to do with a desired taste and creativity. Why would what I said earlier have anything to do with experience. I have used some outboard compressors and some from the console. It just depends on your taste. The guy was simply asking for an opinion. All you can give is that it is junk. As a professional or semi professional engineer if your going to offer advice give a little detail. If you have so much experience with this particular compressor why didn't you explain why you thought the compressor was junk. Simply saying the product is junk is not a good explanation to me. It also doesn't sound like an expierienced one either. I simply told him to give the product a try. It's a good learning tool. It's not the best compressor out but it's not a bad one either.

I'll step in if I may. Maybe it could be that you are not familiar with the many posts on the BBS here pertaining to the inadequacies of the NO-No-Compressor and the NUH-Uh-Verb. Bruce merely reflected back onto what we have all talked about 75,000 times in the past. (I actually don't think that is an exageration). Anyway many of us have and use them for things such as weighing down paper in a stiff studio breeze. Actually I must confess that I use the NUH-uh -Verb for headphone mixes only. I am not proud.

They are noisy, have very little control compared to some of the other comparable units. Also they are half racks which are onyl half as cool. Good luck,

Fangar

chalin27 said:
. You also have to realize if your music isn't clean before you compress it all kinds of noise will be brought to the front of your recording when you do. .
Bruce, make note of this, good pointer.

Chalin, Bruce is a true expert in his field. Trust me, he knows his shit.
I am an expert performer, but not an engineer. The Nano sucks shit bigtime, it is a junkpile. It is shit.

Back