NAD! It got even louder over here.....

Yup, these are the guys I was talking about. Lol. Sorry Johnny I couldn't remember it was you that just got the JVM-1.

As you can hear from minerman's clip, you can get great sounds from the little Marshalls with the right setup. Don't look at the pic of that mini-stack and you'd think it was a full rig in a studio or something.

I did get the Plexi back from the tech at Steamboat Ampworks, and all is well. No issues found and a PPI master volume was installed on the back. It was funny....I went to pick it up and the tech plugged in to give me a demo of his work. This guy builds amps for a living and we both had a nice little chuckle at how loud this amp can be. Sounds awesome. The beauty of the post phase inverter master volume on a circuit like this is that it doesn't alter the characteristics of the amp. You still get all the Plexi sound you want, you can just control it better. It doesn't quite make it a bedroom/practice amp because choking it down that low does affect the tone some, but it's totally usable at practices or small clubs/bars now without killing people. And crank the master all the way up and it takes it completely out of the circuit and the amp goes back to it's natural state which will knock the moon out of it's orbit. The shop I use is just a few blocks from where one of my bands practices so I got it back just in time to rip it up at a rehearsal. To my delight, IT FUCKING KILLS.....and it does so now with an adjustable volume that won't knock down buildings....unless you want it to. :)

Here's the master volume location on the back

Here it is ready to rock.

That's the JVM on the floor in front. I had it with me as well, but he didn't get used on this day.

Back