My Studio Construction Thread

Looking for Advice

thats a nice set up u have. if anyone frequenting this forum can answer my question, please do. i have a garage I'm looking to section off to build my own little room. i'm thinkin 8'x8'x8'. i was thinkin framing up the walls and puttin a low grade of quiet rock sheetrock up on the walls and ceiling. i need it to silence so that u cant hear outside my garage. i have a drumset, that makes more noise than my neighbors are comfortable with. do you think this will work?? thanks in advance to anyone dropping knowledge.
RB07

Being a pedantic chalkie - when kids bring work to me and say "I'm done" I simple ask them if they're "...rare, medium or well done?". The most common response is "um". To which I retort "Um is over done". They then wander away wondering what's in my sick mind but eventually, (sometimes 6 months or repeated events), get the point. The best come back was "rare, with three veg." That child went away again though after I asked, "Will it satisfy ME?"

Panels

This is a giant frickin' stack of acoustic panels from Ready Acoustics.

There's a large assortment of Chameleon Traps for the ceiling/walls and some 6" panels for the wall to wall corners. A few 2" panels for miscellaneous early reflection points.

The chains for overhead mounting and the nesting corner mounts are in the picture, as well. The bare OC703 panels nest inside the corner mounts.

I'll let you know how installation goes Wednesday....

Last edited:
Casey,

I've been keeping tabs on your progress.

It's looks awesome! :cool:

This is a giant frickin' stack of acoustic panels from Ready Acoustics.

There's a large assortment of Chameleon Traps for the ceiling/walls and some 6" panels for the wall to wall corners. A few 2" panels for miscellaneous early reflection points.

The chains for overhead mounting and the nesting corner mounts are in the picture, as well. The bare OC703 panels nest inside the corner mounts.

I'll let you know how installation goes Wednesday....

WHOA! ....nice :cool: Can't wait for the final. I think the track lighting will look great too!

Last edited:
Your own Moby Duck!
Your set of keys snap reveals a knobless state.
There's so much to de done but you've come soooooo far.
Pity compact fluros aren't any good in a studio -
What colour is the exterior going to be?

So total cost so far? I'd love to do something like that but I just don't have the funds...

So total cost so far? I'd love to do something like that but I just don't have the funds...

Just construction?

Construction and materials?

Permitting?

Equipment?

I'm happy to PM you a general cost, but I don't want to discuss it in this thread.

-Casey

I think I had trouble with a fluro lamp that was close to my monitor.
I assume you've been there'n'done that so you aren't anticipating any problems.

wow that coming along very nicely supercreeep:)

how much did you spend for the acoustic material alone?

There's 58 panels from ready acoustics. Eight of them are 6" thick and have 12"x4"x4' panels of OC703 nested behind them. Six are 2" thick panels. The rest are Chameleon Traps.

http://www.readyacoustics.com/

I'm going to write a bit of a user experience review here on HR when this is all done.

Back