My strings ...

mjbphotos

guitars.jpg

Post photos of your guitars here!

Is that an Epiphone Texan? And what's the 12 string next to it?

Cool pic, but I'd need a bigger tarp and a way taller ladder.

Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow (getting out a tarp and a taller ladder). Very, very cool pic.

This pic is from 5 years ago, probably.

gear003.jpg

From left to right: BC Rich Platinum Beast, BC Rich Rave Warlock (sold many years ago), BC Rich NJ ST-III, Ibanez AX7221 7-string (sold a few years ago).

I'll never let go of the Beast and the ST-III. I love those guitars... they play so well and they have such distinct tones. I sold the ST-III to a friend a few years ago, but of course I regretted it and ended up getting it back. Never again.

And here is my current restoration project - NJ Series Ironbird. This is when I first brought it home from a pawn shop. Someone painted a hideous spraypaint camo on it, then covered it with tons of clear coat. It was painted right on top of the factory paint. The intonation was way out, the electronics were heavily screwed with. I bought it as a project anyway, so I'm doing a complete teardown and rebuild.

Here it is when I first brought it home:
ironbird001.jpg

Here it is right now. I have tons of other pics of the teardown and sanding process:
CIMG2266.jpg

I've already got a color scheme picked for it and everything. I still haven't decided on pickups yet. Evidently one of the hums is a Dimarzio, and the other one is stock. So someone down the line replaced it, obviously. Too bad all of the other wiring was completely jacked (pun intended).

Is that an Epiphone Texan? And what's the 12 string next to it?

Cool pic, but I'd need a bigger tarp and a way taller ladder.

Not sure what model of Epi it is - 1973 model I got in 74. The 12 string is an Ibanez.

The tarp and ladder was the only way I could figure out how to to do this type of shot. A studio with a cat walk would be better!

My current weapon:
(Ibanez Gio Soundgear GSR206 six-string bass)

IMG_5061.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG

Bought it at GC in April.
Only went in to buy a set of strings for my 5-string Epi, then decided to try this one out for the heck of it. Loved the feel & tone, and then noticed it was accidentally priced at $100 less than it should have been, so snagged it for $197.
Right place, right time.

here's mine ..... group shot is missing the Stinnett so I added a pic of it by itself.

Attachments

• my gits.jpg
    my gits.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 87
  • steve-4__custom_.jpg
    steve-4__custom_.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 120
and, while I'm at it , my pedals ..... actually just a few of them!

Attachments

• pedals.jpg
    pedals.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 84
Holy shit Boob, are those real Firebirds? I didn't know you had those. Nice.
nah ..... they're Epi's ..... I used to have three Gibson Firebirds and always regretted snorting them up so wifey bought me both of those as gifts. The cream one came on a Christmas and then shortly after moving to Fl. she saw the red one and figured I needed it in two colors!
:D

I've changed out the p'ups on the cream one to some nice Duncan vintage mini's ....... much to my surprise the standard Epi p'ups on the red one actually sounded just as good if not better. Go figure!

They're pretty decent gits actually but I've developed a real distaste for 24 3/4" scale gits so i don't use them much right now.

That's cool. Do you like them? Play them a lot? I sure like the way they look, but I've never played one that gelled with me personally.

That's cool. Do you like them? Play them a lot? I sure like the way they look, but I've never played one that gelled with me personally.
well ..... they play quite different than an actual Firebird which has a neck-thru and thus no heel at the body.
I used the cream one as my main git in Baton Rouge for probably a couple of years.
They do look awesome on stage though, and you might be surprised with me being a geezer and all but I really think stage appearance is super important so I love distinctive guitars.
But the last year or two I've gotten to where I just don't like 24.75" scale gits so I don't play them much right now.
Played the red one the other day though so maybe their time is coming back.

I change around a lot on things like that ..... get bored with something and put it away ........ later drag it out and rediscover it.

Like I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet and I loved the thing for a couple of years. All of a sudden a few months back I sudden't didn't like it anymore ...... still don't ...... can't get any sound I like out of it and when I got it I felt like there wasn't a bad sound in the thing. Don't have the foggiest idea why.
:???:

well ..... they play quite different than an actual Firebird which has a neck-thru and thus no heel at the body.
I used the cream one as my main git in Baton Rouge for probably a couple of years.
They do look awesome on stage though, and you might be surprised with me being a geezer and all but I really think stage appearance is super important so I love distinctive guitars.
But the last year or two I've gotten to where I just don't like 24.75" scale gits so I don't play them much right now.
Played the red one the other day though so maybe their time is coming back.

I change around a lot on things like that ..... get bored with something and put it away ........ later drag it out and rediscover it.

Like I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet and I loved the thing for a couple of years. All of a sudden a few months back I sudden't didn't like it anymore ...... still don't ...... can't get any sound I like out of it and when I got it I felt like there wasn't a bad sound in the thing. Don't have the foggiest idea why.
:???:

Maybe it's new gear syndrome. I get that occasionally. You get something new and are blown away then the novelty wears off and reality sets in and it's just meh. Remember my Diamond Assassin head? Lol. I liked it a lot when I got it, I was super excited, but got old on it pretty quick. I've always wanted to try the Fulldrive, but never found one cheap enough used to be worth the gamble.

Maybe it's new gear syndrome. I get that occasionally. You get something new and are blown away then the novelty wears off and reality sets in and it's just meh. Remember my Diamond Assassin head? Lol. I liked it a lot when I got it, I was super excited, but got old on it pretty quick. I've always wanted to try the Fulldrive, but never found one cheap enough used to be worth the gamble.
Didn't you get an OCD?
If so then I dunno if there's a point in the FullDrive. The distortion/overdrive sound is pretty similar.
HOWEVER ..... the Fulldrive does have a setting where it's basically a clean boost. It's a pretty special sounding clean boost actually but I have an old Zoom analog pedal that I use as a clean boost and it's awesome so I don't need that aspect of the Fulldrive.

I know what you mean about the new wearing off and I remember how quickly you lost interest in the Diamond.
And that's part of it I guess but when I use something for a few years and then suddenly don't like it ....... I guess my tastes just change or something.
Probably I just like buying new gear and that's a good excuse!
:laughings:

Lol. You do have a lot of stuff. Put up a pic of your amps. :D

No I don't have the OCD. My bandmate does and he loves it. I'm kind of cool on it. It's nice but it adds too much flavor for my liking. I'm more into clean boosts or very minimal amounts of dirt added.

Back