My new Post-Rock song Mastered, Suggestion needed!

I think if you look at the OH and room Width, you will see that the knobs are full right. In the close mics, you have you panning. I wonder in your software if the panning on the close mics are fighting the Kit mics? Just looking at the close mic panning, everything looks pretty good, nothing hard L/R. Just for fun, try bring your room and OH width closer to the middle and see if that doesn't sort it out.
No That's a very very minor change in sound. One thing I understood, the bass is the issue,it's too wide

Last edited:
By the way
I'm using these SPAN plugin which allows you to see if your mix is balanced, it seems that my mix is building too much low ends on the sides (Left,Right) and not in the center, even if equally balanced L/R, meaning the low ends are too wide.

By the way in the mix with SPAN Plugin when Routing Mid-Side Stereo, I see this, I noticed something wrong, in the tutorial they say that usually you don't want too much low end on the sides but more in the mid, also the side waveform should be a bit lower of the mid waveform, while in my case as you can see from the graph is the opposite, the low end on the sides overtake the low ends in the mid.

How to solve this?

Look at the following 3 screnshoots, There's something wrong,

like if the bass and the kick drums are too wide, and not in the mid, they are equally balanced left and right but not centered.

Here it's everything together:

image.thumb.png.8bca7105c873e41c4ffe78ba5c6ebd5b.png

Here's the bass only playing, as you can see it pan centered!!

image.thumb.png.cc144447cafbd7c9377e2531f0d0408d.png

Here's only the drums, look at the kick

image.thumb.png.1d2d058628453b735b087705af8814c6.png

The guitars being 100% L/R isn't unusual, and that's not the distracting part to me. It's the drums that are distracting. Even though the drum bus is panned center, there is something making them artificially wide in the mix. Click on Kontakt and look through the controls within the plugin, there must be something splitting the drums and delaying the left side.

The guitars being 100% L/R isn't unusual, and that's not the distracting part to me. It's the drums that are distracting. Even though the drum bus is panned center, there is something making them artificially wide in the mix. Click on Kontakt and look through the controls within the plugin, there must be something splitting the drums and delaying the left side.
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't know why some of you are insisting that the drums are delayed on the left side, they are not delayed! they are wide ok, but not delayed, and this is the proof, they are perfectly aligned left and right

1616171034164.png

WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GUITARS HERE. Pan your guitars however you want. We're talking about having *NOTHING* in the center.
That Envy tune - It sounds perfectly fine. The guitars are wide, which is fine if that's what you're going for. But THE REST OF THE MIX IS ANCHORED. Listen to the sum and you hear everything. Listen to the difference and you hear guitars, an occasional synth pad and a little bit of reverb -- Almost no kit at all, no bass, no vocal. Even near the end, you hear "spurts" of the kit (I'm not sure how much of that is by design and how much is because of the rather lossy encoding), but nothing of the core instrumentation.

STOP worrying about the guitars and try to find out what's messing with your kit. STOP using plugin meters and start using your ears. There IS SOMETHING DELAYING YOUR KIT. If you can't hear it, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's as plain as anything I've ever heard. And it's NOT on the solo'd stereo drum track. So something after that point in the signal chain is Haas-ing your entire kit.

[EDIT] Wow, there have been some posts going on. Again, visuals prove nothing. You're not zoomed in nearly enough to detect a [several MILLISECONDS] delay at that point anyway. And again - The stereo track on it's own sounded perfectly fine. The track IN THE MIX sounds NOTHING like the stereo track on its own.

WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GUITARS HERE. Pan your guitars however you want. We're talking about having *NOTHING* in the center.
That Envy tune - It sounds perfectly fine. The guitars are wide, which is fine if that's what you're going for. But THE REST OF THE MIX IS ANCHORED. Listen to the sum and you hear everything. Listen to the difference and you hear guitars, an occasional synth pad and a little bit of reverb -- Almost no kit at all, no bass, no vocal. Even near the end, you hear "spurts" of the kit (I'm not sure how much of that is by design and how much is because of the rather lossy encoding), but nothing of the core instrumentation.

STOP worrying about the guitars and try to find out what's messing with your kit. STOP using plugin meters and start using your ears. There IS SOMETHING DELAYING YOUR KIT. If you can't hear it, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's as plain as anything I've ever heard. And it's NOT on the solo'd stereo drum track. So something after that point in the signal chain is Haas-ing your entire kit.

[EDIT] Wow, there have been some posts going on. Again, visuals prove nothing. You're not zoomed in nearly enough to detect a [several MILLISECONDS] delay at that point anyway. And again - The stereo track on it's own sounded perfectly fine. The track IN THE MIX sounds NOTHING like the stereo track on its own.
I see I need to investigate that and see.
I checked everything and there are no effects on the drums, neither on busses.
You know it’s very very strange, What could be that when I mute the drum track everything is fine and when I unmute that the drums and everything else get delayed on one side?

If I don’t find the solution I’m gonna contact Cakewal support.

First thing I would do in this case is "Save As" and start experimenting. See if there's a "kill all active plugins" or something of the like and see if everything just pops into place. Maybe there's a hidden plug of some sort on the main buss...? A delay setting on the main buss that doesn't show as a plugin...? Could be a dozen different things. Could be something is just corrupted with that project and you need to start it over from the individual tracks again. Or ZIP the whole thing up as-is and upload to some advanced Cakewalk user that might be able to track it down.

First thing I would do in this case is "Save As" and start experimenting. See if there's a "kill all active plugins" or something of the like and see if everything just pops into place. Maybe there's a hidden plug of some sort on the main buss...? A delay setting on the main buss that doesn't show as a plugin...? Could be a dozen different things. Could be something is just corrupted with that project and you need to start it over from the individual tracks again. Or ZIP the whole thing up as-is and upload to some advanced Cakewalk user that might be able to track it down.
Thanks a lot again

Back