Tele rhythm - Anfontan
Tele lead breaks - Anfontan
Banjo (yeah, banjo!) -Anfontan
Lead break - Purge
Outro solo - WhiteStrat
Vocals - joeym

rip me a new one...

Such A Shame

The main issues are with the drums. The kick sounds like a soggy pillow. It's all low end boof and no attack on the high end. The toms are a bit too low in the mix. Other than that it sounds pretty good.

I'm on headphones..... :( typing as I'm listening

Drums are too forward in the mix and vox maybe a little too far back during verses. There's a lot going on and some competition for space and freq... I think mostly with BG's and guits.

I like the intro, wish the lead in part went a few bars longer, but I also like how it quickly transitions into the song.

It's a good song with good arrangement and great performances. I love the banjo. And where did the outro part come from, sounds familiar....

cool man!!! :)

I'm on headphones..... :( typing as I'm listening

Drums are too forward in the mix and vox maybe a little too far back during verses. There's a lot going on and some competition for space and freq... I think mostly with BG's and guits.

I like the intro, wish the lead in part went a few bars longer, but I also like how it quickly transitions into the song.

It's a good song with good arrangement and great performances. I love the banjo. And where did the outro part come from, sounds familiar....

cool man!!! :)
The outro is WhiteStrat... I told him specifically that I wanted a "Sweet Child O' Mine" feel to the outro.. :cool:

I gotta fix the drums. Thanks for the listen, man!

Voice sounds a bit far away, Eddie, backing vox are OK.
Problem is that kick, it's a bit too boomy and drowns out the bass guitar a bit. Also, I think there's a little bit too much happening in the verses. I would quieten it up a little there and let it rise in the choruses. Tony's banjo is wonderful! :):):)

Hi guys!

I know this is about getting your home recordings to sound as professionally engineered as possible..and yah, I hear a few areas that could be tweaked slightly...BUT...this has the sound of a great live performance to me.

It got me to rockin' down without hearing the issues I heard in the previous mix. The performances were good, you guys were rockin', and the mix wasn't too bad, but I noticed more things *off* in that previous mix.

Rokket, you really are getting better at HR..especially for a guy, who is limited on the high seas.

You all sound tight..as tight as if you had been playing live together for a while. To me, that is one of the most important aspects of recording a performance..to sound like the musicians ARE bandmates..and to do that when the *bandmates* are miles, states and countries apart, is an accomplishment.

This is all on the first listen. I'm gonna have me some more listens and try to do so with unbiased ears(seeings how I think all of ya are great!)..;)

P.S....my 4yr old grandson is here with me listening and he was rockin' out with the song also...while attempting to play along on a Mandolin...:D

I can't believe I haven't been able to access the internet for over 2 weeks! :eek:

Anyhow, I updated the mix. Please let me know if I am getting there... :)

Same link as the initial post.. or get it it my signature...

I was hearing some weird static or clicking intermittently. This mix is better than the first one. Maybe bring the bass and rhythm guitars up a bit.

The only issue I have Mr J. Squirrel is that the cymabls seem a little to in my face.
All else is happening nicely.

Man, I love the guitar sounds/playing on this...solo around 2:00 is great! Nx sounds good on my phones, although personally , I like the bass guitar just a tad more up in the mix to propel a song like this...outro guitar solo sounded really cool as well, wished it lasted a little longer! Great job guys, congrats to all involved!

The crash cymbals seem a little loud/crispy for me. The rest sounds just right. Well written and the arrangement really makes this shine. Vocals/Harmonies really lift this up a level IMO. Good job by everyone....! :cool:

I will lower the overheads on the drums and bring up the bass a hair. I was having issues with the bass, when I brought it up it was taking over the mix. I guess I will check the eq settings and go from there.

Thanks for the listen, everyone!

I could hear the clicking as well, but only through my reference monitor headphones, not my bookshelves. Couldnt tell what it was. Sounds very good, nice job guys.

I figured out what the clicking was: the acoustic guitars from the original mix. I had the mics too close to the strings, so I picked up the sound of the pick on the strings. I took them out. If anyone really gives a shit at this point, I'll post a new mix without the clicking. If not, this one has run its course...

Good song, good collab. The only issue I hear is the cymbals are a little too loud at times, but other than that it's great. Really crisp & clean sounding. Really a strong song, with even stronger playing!!

Back