Mutli Effects Pedal

Toker41

Better Than You
K...giving up the rack, and looking at pedals. What's everyone using? I'm looking at the Boss ME-50 at the moment, but haven't really made up my mind on anything. Pain in the ass now that all the multi effects pedals have amp modeling. It's never real clear on the ability (or lack of) to bypass the amp/cabinet modeling.

i love my line6 podxtlive, and it's very very simple to turn off the amp sim--just punch the "amp" pedal. customizing patches is super-easy too. it's a pretty intuitive board.

when i bought the line6, i also auditioned a boss gt-8. very good-sounding board, but i ultimately opted for the pod. i'm not sure that one is better than the other, just a preference thing.

happy hunting! :)

K...giving up the rack, and looking at pedals. What's everyone using? I'm looking at the Boss ME-50 at the moment, but haven't really made up my mind on anything. Pain in the ass now that all the multi effects pedals have amp modeling. It's never real clear on the ability (or lack of) to bypass the amp/cabinet modeling.

I use a PODxt Live. Probably overkill for multi-pedal use, but I used to use it for modeling & recording (still do sometimes). But after I gravitated more towards the tube amps, I turned off the modeling in the POD and put it in the FX loop of my amp. Then I spent some time building patches that were just different FX instead of amp models.

Truth is, I really like it as a multi fx unit, and at 3 am, I can just switch to some patches with models and track with it too if I want.

I've used a Pod, and switched to a (please hold the stone throwing....)

Vamp Pro. I love the effects. I was thinking about trying it as just an effects unit. I believe they make a Vamp pedal.

Although...I like, and defend my Behringer equipment, I'm not so sure I would stomp on it.;)

I've used a Pod, and switched to a (please hold the stone throwing....)

Vamp Pro. I love the effects. I was thinking about trying it as just an effects unit. I believe they make a Vamp pedal.

Although...I like, and defend my Behringer equipment, I'm not so sure I would stomp on it.;)

Attachments

• 800px-simpsons_angry_mob.jpg
    800px-simpsons_angry_mob.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 32
i love my line6 podxtlive, and it's very very simple to turn off the amp sim--just punch the "amp" pedal. customizing patches is super-easy too. it's a pretty intuitive board.

when i bought the line6, i also auditioned a boss gt-8. very good-sounding board, but i ultimately opted for the pod. i'm not sure that one is better than the other, just a preference thing.

happy hunting! :)

We must've posted at the exact same time, because I didn't see yours first. Turns out we're using the same thing in much the same way, huh?

Back