Music I like, what do you like??

I think this guy wrote really deeper than people realize.

Great tune, great writer.

Oddly enough, supposedly he’s pretty much deaf. But doing a new album anyway. This came from a talk show interview he recently did.

Can’t confirm this to be fact, I heard it second hand. But if true….. wow. Talk about not letting obstacles get in your way.

Useless anecdote: For decades I had suspected that Huey Lewis guitar player Chris Hayes (who retired about 2000) was quoting SRV in his solo for the song Power of Love. Then just the other day I was reading an interview with him and sure enough - he acknowledged that the two bands toured together during that period and that, yes, he absolutely and very deliberately quoted SRV in that solo. It's really obvious.

I dig that song BTW.

Useless anecdote: For decades I had suspected that Huey Lewis guitar player Chris Hayes (who retired about 2000) was quoting SRV in his solo for the song Power of Love. Then just the other day I was reading an interview with him and sure enough - he acknowledged that the two bands toured together during that period and that, yes, he absolutely and very deliberately quoted SRV in that solo. It's really obvious.

I dig that song BTW.
Good call. Somewhat less than well-known is Huey's great friendship with Phil Lynott. Pals from the struggling artist years.

Last edited:
Betty Davis (not the actress)...Ex-wife of Miles Davis.

The Queen of funk. This is actually hard rock funk from the early 70's

Unfortunately, she never really broke huge. But I can't get enough of her music.

We got Neil Schon on guitar, Larry Graham on bass, and most of Santana's band on the rest.

Last edited:
Don't worry about the lyrics your kids are listening to.
You might want to have a talk with your grandparents instead.

Oh yeah...You probably shouldn't listen to this at work.
But feel free to crank it up at church.
😃

Back