Music I like, what do you like??

Any Ry Cooder fans out there?

Here’s a relatively recent live in studio recording I found.

Last edited:
Even though it was my son's 26th birthday, we both had to stay home and watch this final performance together.
RIP Gord Downie, you are seriously missed...

Not to spark controversy but I'm from the, ahem, general vicinity where the Hip is from, and they are largely considered overrated, to various degrees, by many Kingstonites. A music nerd I know considers them -- maybe a bit exaggeratedly -- the most overrated band in history.

Not to spark controversy but I'm from the, ahem, general vicinity where the Hip is from, and they are largely considered overrated, to various degrees, by many Kingstonites. A music nerd I know considers them -- maybe a bit exaggeratedly -- the most overrated band in history.
That’s an opinion. Don’t know how many share that opinion. But I do know of many who are of the opinion that they are a great band. Myself being one.

Now let’s for a minute take a look at the purpose of this thread, shall we?

The originator of this thread intended it to be one of music sharing. A place to post what you like in the hopes of turning others on to music they might not be familiar with and to broaden musical horizons.

I know I have been through this thread exposed to music that was not on my radar, music I’d never been exposed to.

I don't like everything I’ve come across here and that’s ok. We all have different tastes.

I don’t think the thread’s purpose was to shit on bands or songs. I can say that with some degree of authority seeing how I’m the creator of the thread. :D

So in closing, pick what music you like that someone shares or don’t. It’s cool.

But I think this thread has broadened people’s musical horizons. It definitely has mine.

:D

That’s an opinion. Don’t know how many share that opinion. But I do know of many who are of the opinion that they are a great band. Myself being one.

Now let’s for a minute take a look at the purpose of this thread, shall we?

The originator of this thread intended it to be one of music sharing. A place to post what you like in the hopes of turning others on to music they might not be familiar with and to broaden musical horizons.

I know I have been through this thread exposed to music that was not on my radar, music I’d never been exposed to.

I don't like everything I’ve come across here and that’s ok. We all have different tastes.

I don’t think the thread’s purpose was to shit on bands or songs. I can say that with some degree of authority seeing how I’m the creator of the thread. :D

So in closing, pick what music you like that someone shares or don’t. It’s cool.

But I think this thread has broadened people’s musical horizons. It definitely has mine.

:D
Agreed, that's cool. My post may have been a bit out of place. I've enjoyed this thread myself, keep it up guys!

That's OK. Music, bands, art etc. is all subjective. It was a phenomenal night for the fans. We went to the Vancouver show during that final tour.

Back