Music I like, what do you like??

I auditioned for a ska band once, not being familiar with the genre. I asked, what's the big deal, these are just polkas. I didn't get the gig.

Brendon Urie Lead singer of Panic at the Disco...
I like a lot of their songs but had no idea how talented this asshat is...
He is a bad ass singer

From this

To this

Last edited:
In the same vain as Harry, Jim Croce, early Elton John, Billy Joel's Stranger album was damn fine from start to finish.

While set in NJ, I think it represents the 70's early adulthood. It was very much a time of change.

Both of those a fabulous tunes! I had 52nd Street playing in the car just last week, and Harry Chapin a few weeks back. This is another favorite.

Wife turned me on to this album all those years ago. Good album. Good "band", production. I used to cover this one, but only for my personal. Although it's kind of fun to throw an out of left field by doing an original by a female, this one seemed maybe a tad too obvious from a female perspective. What the hell, I liked it so I covered it. Wish I still had the recording, it'd be interesting to hear 1998 Mick Doobie doing Sarah McLachlan.

Wife turned me on to this album all those years ago. Good album. Good "band", production. I used to cover this one, but only for my personal. Although it's kind of fun to throw an out of left field by doing an original by a female, this one seemed maybe a tad too obvious from a female perspective. What the hell, I liked it so I covered it. Wish I still had the recording, it'd be interesting to hear 1998 Mick Doobie doing Sarah McLachlan.

She’s great. I have a few of her records. And like you, I was turned onto her by a chick. Left to my own devices I wouldn’t have even given her a listen. But it’s all god stuff.

Back