Music I like, what do you like??

I always liked this song a lot and it has eastern motifs in parts. That may be the first time I have seen the video? Pretty low budget.
Its about wanking. When you close your eyes a bit when you get to the money shot. Its about a guy wanking thinking of his girl in prison .

Its about wanking. When you close your eyes a bit when you get to the money shot. Its about a guy wanking thinking of his girl in prison .
He's turning Japanese because he is in prison and wanking thinking of his girl, and his eyes go small when he does it. Thats it

• Wow
Reactions: TAE
Tripped over this jewel, I really dig the vibe on this tune.

It's what we call "Rock and Roll".

giphy.gif

Last edited:
This morning's spin on the CD player was a vinyl transfer of a Nautilus record from Tim Weisberg - Tip of the Weisberg. For those who are of the younger persuasion, Nautilus was an "audiophile" label that produced half speed mastered records, somewhat like Mobile Fidelity. Some titles were remasters of things like Rumours, Dreamboat Annie and the Captain and Me. Others were original discs, some direct to disc, some from digital recordings. Tip of the Weisberg was one of these, and as such was somewhat limited release. With the demise of Nautilus Records, those titles (I have several) are no longer available, and were never released on CD. They did release a few titles on cassette.

While checking to see if any of the tracks are on Youtube to post, I found two versions of one of the songs, La Paz. One is from the record, one is from a cassette version. I was SHOCKED to hear how much different the two versions sound. The vinyl copy sounds much more like the transfer I did. The kick drum has much more punch, the bass guitar isn't nearly as prominent.

It's a shame that a copy of the original recording has never been issued on CD. I wonder who holds the original master.. Tim, whoever bought Nautilus' assets, or some landfill.
Anyway, give these two copies a listen and hear the differences!

Last edited:
Back