MSH-1 Mics

mybook1234

You guys heard of them? I just purchased a matched Pair of these omni directional mics and they're kick ass on drum overheads or acoustic guitars. only 50 bucks for the matched pair!

Seeing as how the owner and operator of Naiant is a member of this BBS, yeah we've heard about 'em!

I have a pair...got mine for free from MSH himself (thanks again for that by the way...)

they are great over drums among other things....I have used them several times over my MK-012's...

You guys heard of them? I just purchased a matched Pair of these omni directional mics and they're kick ass on drum overheads or acoustic guitars. only 50 bucks for the matched pair!

Wow, are you too lazy or stupid to do a search before posting.:rolleyes:

Next, why don't you start another thread and ask which mic < $100 is best for vocals?

I have a pair...got mine for free from MSH himself (thanks again for that by the way...)

i got a free pair too. i haven't tried them on drums but they work for some guitar stuff. they definitely have a sound of their own which works for some things and not for others.

You got yours free??? Damn, I had to pay for all the ones I own!!

I got free mics, too, but I was a "tester." I paid for my MSH-4.

To date I have used my MSH-1s as room mics for the drums (fabulous), on a hand drum (excellent), a miniature accordion (wonderful), and an organ going through a mini Leslie-type cabinet (super stereo). In fact, I've started trying those as the first mic when I'm recording an instrument I've never recorded before. They are quite something for the size and price.

I've only used the MSH-4 on acoustic guitar so far, but it gave me pleasurable results.

You got yours free??? Damn, I had to pay for all the ones I own!!

I thought you got your first pair free :confused: You were a tester for the first set of "active" pairs.

Mad was a tester for the first pair ever, I think. He gave me the first drum sample :)

The other people generally got free pairs that were mismatches when I changed models last year, which I did a couple of times. I just gave away some old stock on the Free Ads board to whoever responded first.

Everybody pays now . . . :D

I thought you got your first pair free :confused: You were a tester for the first set of "active" pairs.
You're right; I found this exchange between us from 6/12/06:
Harvey Gerst said:
mshilarious said:
Harvey Gerst said:
mshilarious said:
I'd be more than happy to send you a free pair for testing! Just waiting on Mr. Digikey to send me some parts now, I should have something by early next week
Great, as long as it's with the understanding that if I like 'em, you'll charge me full price for them.
If you insist; however, you'd be getting a pre-production pair, and I need testers before I can sell 'em for money. Believe it or not I only have one other volunteer for a free pair right now . . . I usually request a sample recording (only a minute or so) that I can use on my site in exchange, that is worth much more to me than the price of a pair of mics
I'll gladly give you a sample recording, but I still wanna pay for them, if I like them.

i'm personally looking forward to trying out the transformer version of the 2's :)
incidentally nice bright new website mshilarious!

incidentally nice bright new website mshilarious!

Thanks :) As much as I loved the manatee, it was time for them to go. The new site is a little easier to manage than the old template. It's still not perfect, but I guess I got what I paid for :o

I have the 2T on my desk right now. It's been fun seeing what I can cram into one of these things. Next up, a mic that is also a beer dispenser :cool:

Thanks :) As much as I loved the manatee, it was time for them to go. The new site is a little easier to manage than the old template. It's still not perfect, but I guess I got what I paid for :o

I have the 2T on my desk right now. It's been fun seeing what I can cram into one of these things. Next up, a mic that is also a beer dispenser :cool:

you could weld a couple together into a perfect xy stereo mic and include some sort of special cable (5 pin to 2x 3 pin xlr y cable)
any idea when the 2t's will be ready for sale?

you could weld a couple together into a perfect xy stereo mic and include some sort of special cable (5 pin to 2x 3 pin xlr y cable)
any idea when the 2t's will be ready for sale?

Except that they are omnis, so they wouldn't make very good XYs . . . and sometime next month.

...The new site is a little easier to manage than the old template. It's still not perfect, but I guess I got what I paid for :o
incidentally, if you're intimating that you're using a free template for your site, i'm pretty decent with dreamweaver, fireworks, photoshop and i'm learning flash. i'd help you put together a new one in exchange for some discounts on your wares :rolleyes: :D

Back