MP3 forum Best of.

It seems like his excellent cover of All Along The Watchtower done by @mark skinner has gotten some excellent reviews here.

This gives me an idea.

What about a ‘best of’ CD or even vinyl of some of the great stuff that has come out of the the mp3 forum.

There’s been some absolutely great stuff that’s come out of this place.

What immediately comes to mind is the skinner cover, some of famous beagle’s stuff, super creep has done some brilliant whole albums.....And there’s a member, who’s name escapes me, who did a stellar, very original cover of Creedence’s “Fortunate Son”

Some of the tunes I’ve heard here are so good they deserve to be on an album.

Now I realize digital is the current king of music formats. But files get lost, forgotten, hard drives crash etc. A physical copy is so much cooler and something you can actually possess in the real world.

Anyway, just an idea. It’ll probably gain zero traction but at least I threw it out there. :D
Sounds like a great idea but putting covers on a CD will cause copyright infringement. It would be easier to use only original music where the player owns the copyright.

Must have been before my time. Well geeez, thought I came up with a new idea :LOL:
Well, as they say nothing new under the sun.

I do remember Rami though, he was cool. I like him. Talented too.
Yeah, I liked Rami too. And his stuff was in the same quadrant as Gonzo - all guitars and drums and quality recording and mixing - reliably good listening. What happened? Did he leave with Greg?

Sounds like a great idea but putting covers on a CD will cause copyright infringement. It would be easier to use only original music where the player owns the copyright.
It's not particularly difficult; it would just require licensing the cover tunes.

But it would greatly increase the cost of production. (On average, 10 cents per cover song per copy made)

But yes, if I were to head up this project, I would only consider members' original songs.

Yeah, I liked Rami too. And his stuff was in the same quadrant as Gonzo - all guitars and drums and quality recording and mixing - reliably good listening. What happened? Did he leave with Greg?

Is Gonzo still around? I muted him some years ago when I realized that I was either gonna end up doing that or trying to post his halloween song before him (and the former seemed a better way to keep the peace)

Gonzo is still here, posting frequently, but rarely giving anything back to the clinic.
I commented years ago to him, on his stuff being radio-ready and wondered why he posted in the clinic, where folks go for help.
So now I see him as a spammer. A good producer, but not a real friend of the forum.

I come here for two reasons - to hear music I like that I don't hear elsewhere, and to get feedback on my stuff. He checks one of those boxes.

Gonzo is still here, posting frequently, but rarely giving anything back to the clinic.
I commented years ago to him, on his stuff being radio-ready and wondered why he posted in the clinic, where folks go for help.
So now I see him as a spammer. A good producer, but not a real friend of the forum.
I wonder if people post finished music here because the show off thread is a sub forum? I didn't even know it was there for a while and maybe others don't either because I see a lot of posts there have zero feedback.

Show off forum? What's that? (Really, no joke,)
1663963783989.png

I just looked at the thread and of the 20 posts on the first page, seven posts have zero responses and another nine have less than five. It's too bad because there's some great music that apparently not many are listening to and not much incentive for people to post there.

Last edited:
View attachment 121673

I just looked at the thread and of the 20 posts on the first page, seven posts have zero responses and another nine have less than five. It's too bad because there's some great music that apparently not many are listening to and not much incentive for people to post there.
Wow. How does one go about showing off in a forum that nobody notices? Lol

Wow. How does one go about showing off in a forum that nobody notices? Lol
You have to be really buff and good looking and take your clothes off. I didn't know that sub forum existed because I have never clicked on the marketing your music. I have never considered marketing mine so I guess that is the reason I never clicked on it? Now that I know it is there I will have to take a listen.
Thanx.

I just posted one in there. When I first posted it in the MP3 clinic I caught a lot of flack because I included the lyrics in the vid.
I kinda pushed back on that and I caught even more flack. So much so that I quit posting MP3s here for years.

I can go either way on lyrics in the vid. Depends on the tune. Mostly I'd prefer them being below the vid in the comments section. I also like when artists add a track list with playtimes if it's an album.

I can go either way on lyrics in the vid. Depends on the tune. Mostly I'd prefer them being below the vid in the comments section. I also like when artists add a track list with playtimes if it's an album.
Well I was a bit new to it and I wasn''t about to redo the whole vid just to get rid of the lyrics so they stayed. Sometimes I have lots of trouble catching a lot of lyrics so I figured I would include them. Example, Moody Blues, one line I couldn't quite catch and I actually thought they might be singing it in French. My stepsons girlfriend comes over with him one day and she speaks French so I asked her to listen for me. She laughs and says, that's English and they are singing "Beef was last week". As soon as she told me I heard it plain as day. Before that I was hearing it as Be voi las oui? lol. I thought the criticism of lyrics being in the video, which got heated was pretty petty.

Well I was a bit new to it and I wasn''t about to redo the whole vid just to get rid of the lyrics so they stayed. Sometimes I have lots of trouble catching a lot of lyrics so I figured I would include them. Example, Moody Blues, one line I couldn't quite catch and I actually thought they might be singing it in French. My stepsons girlfriend comes over with him one day and she speaks French so I asked her to listen for me. She laughs and says, that's English and they are singing "Beef was last week". As soon as she told me I heard it plain as day. Before that I was hearing it as Be voi las oui? lol. I thought the criticism of lyrics being in the video, which got heated was pretty petty.
Seems like a very odd thing for people to complain about, IMO.

If the purpose of the video is to display the lyrics, that's cool. But if there's some "real" video behind them, I'd rather pay attention to that. I feel the same with subtitled films - I can't watch the film and read the translations at the same time.

Not sure if some of you “oldies” remember, but this was done before. And I even have a copy. 😳 Haven’t listened to it in awhile, but it was called HomeRecording.Comp and it has a date of 5-1-2003. Looks to have been a 4 disc set.

I only do covers, so I never made it. ☹️

Oh, and the one I have is labeled Vol II. So apparently there’s a volume I floating around. Let me know if you want any more info on it.

Reactions: RFR
Not sure if some of you “oldies” remember, but this was done before. And I even have a copy. 😳 Haven’t listened to it in awhile, but it was called HomeRecording.Comp and it has a date of 5-1-2003. Looks to have been a 4 disc set.

I only do covers, so I never made it. ☹️

Oh, and the one I have is labeled Vol II. So apparently there’s a volume I floating around. Let me know if you want any more info on it.
I had them, I may still have them. I have yet to go through all my CDs. I might even be on one?

If the purpose of the video is to display the lyrics, that's cool. But if there's some "real" video behind them, I'd rather pay attention to that. I feel the same with subtitled films - I can't watch the film and read the translations at the same time.
What is your definition of "real video.'

Back