Mounting pedals to a board.

I use plastic cable ties and just drill holes thru the board in appropriate places-works great and easy to change.

I just lick the bottom of the pedal and stick it to the board. For heavier effects I use bubble gum. Non of that juicy fruit chewing gum shit, it has to be a least bazooka.

Well, somebody should say it: That is about the coolist way to mount pedals to a board I have ever seen!

Cheap- hell, free- you can pick up used, worn-out bike chains free from ANY bike shop. chances are they have two or three on any day you happen do drop by.

Great looking- if I didn't know that was a chain link, I might not have ID'd it- and I have worked as a bike tech, and ridden for years. If I don't recongnize it, no one else will, either.

Ecologically sound- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, in that order- as you did not have to melt it down, you are basically reusing the chain- reuse is actually better than recycle as it requires little or no energy to do it.

Works with almost any effects pedal.

Easy to change- easier than zip ties, and you can use the same link and screw over and over, until your board is more "hole" than 'board."

I like it better than silicon, too- no waiting for the chain link to dry!

Good on you, mate!

Oh, my favorite pedal board blank- wooden wine boxes. The lid becomes the board, the box fits over the pedals, with 4 latches from the hardware store, you are set to go. Some of the boxes even have handles (usually rope) on them. No need to disguise their origin- they look way cool in their original finish, and age well.

Last edited:
Actually I just use heavy duty Velcro but I have seen the chain link idea before and I have considered it. I have a difficult time prying my pedals off with the Velcro and if I ever stay committed to my setup I might go with a more permanent solution such as the links.

My name is Jon and I'm a cordaholic

Am I doing this right?

Attachments

• _080408_2118a.jpg
    _080408_2118a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 54
Ok, so I'm dumb, but where do you find wine boxes? I'm not much of a drinker and they only kind of wine boxes I know of are some type of cardboard (and contain crappy wine). I've been looking for something to build a decent board out of.

I'm with the electric-strips. I change my board alot, screwing things become a chore... and with heavier pedals, I have problems with velcro, not so much with the velcro, but the adhesive usually wont stick to the pedal/board hard enough.:(
On current, there is velcro, and then I've strapped them down when happy. Using planet waves pedalstation wiring , and a t-rex powersupply underneath the board.
My current bass-board, made it myself to suit a padded case I had allready:

Attachments

• PBoard.jpg
    PBoard.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 47
...there is room for an AMC octo-fuzz, in the mail, had it modded to bass (bigger caps) and a blend pot installed. Also underneath lies an Osram DOT-IT ledlight for darker stages.:D

Needs a chorus/delay/reverb??

Ok, so I'm dumb, but where do you find wine boxes? I'm not much of a drinker and they only kind of wine boxes I know of are some type of cardboard (and contain crappy wine). I've been looking for something to build a decent board out of.

I have two- one my GF has been kicking around for YEARS, she was happy I found a good use for it. The other, I picked up, free, at a garage sale Saturday.

I would go to liquor stores, or higher-end restaraunts. I would think both places would have several.

PM me if you can't find any, I will see what I can scare up.

I have two- one my GF has been kicking around for YEARS, she was happy I found a good use for it. The other, I picked up, free, at a garage sale Saturday.

I would go to liquor stores, or higher-end restaraunts. I would think both places would have several.

PM me if you can't find any, I will see what I can scare up.
Yeah but like... what is it? Is it just the box that all the wine bottles come in? Or is it something special to cart your own wine around in?

Back