Motu Pre8 Or Motu Ultralite

zebedy

The Kid From The Kibble
Was speaking to my Audio for multimedia teacher today

Explained that i'm gettin a Pre8 (motu) he advised to get the Ultralite because it's got more outs.

Im gettin a pre to record my band.

As far as i'm aware the ulralite is just got two inputs that i could plug mics into?

confused much?

YES

anyone know what he might mean?

Hey man

Cant tell you about the ultralite, but i just got the Motu 8pre for doing some work on my band.

The motu 8 pre does what it says on the tin. You can plug up to 8 mics in it and record simultaneously.

Outs wise on the back, you have 2 jack outputs for monitors, 2 firewire sockets (1 for connecting to your computer and a spare for connecting to another firewire device - daisy chaining), and it also has 2 of the digital outs for connecting to digital hardware such as a digital mixing desk.

It has all the connectivity that you need, including headphone socket on front. For recording your band its great.

I've not done any extensive messing with it yet, but i've done some demos in an afternoon going through Logic Pro 8 and its great quality.

Cheers

Adam
www.myspace.com/elementsound

All of the Motu boxes use the same guts and drivers.

The only thing you have to decide when you buy is what connections you want on the box.

You can always plug more outboard pres into the line inputs, too.

(Happy 828mkII owner)

NOTE: Make SURE your computer has TexasInstruments firewire chipset.
Motu (and most other firewire interface manufacturers) REQUIRES it for proper operation.
If your computer does not have TI firewire chips, Belkin and SIIG make good TI-chipped cards for reasonable prices.
DO NOT use anything other than a TI-chip card....

Back