Mosrite of china

Greg_L

Banned
Hilarious! :laughings:

Aliexpress.com : Buy 2014 new arrival + free shipping + factory + ESP custom Dracula coffin style electric guitar Rich Taste Dracula coffin guitar from Reliable guitar straps for electric guitars suppliers on China Custom Guitar Factory ( OEM Service

Product Details:
We use solid wood for the headstock, neck and body; Maple, rosewood or ebony for fingerboard. Use the best pickups, best tuning keys and other hardward made in Korea. Hardward: Grover tuning keys in golden, silver or Chrome; Pickups electronic, toggle and switches are all good quality ones (Customer also can choose the hardwares that you want)

:laughings:

I bought two SG clones on ebay that were made in Vietnam, I think - it was about 150 all in for each ($50 for the guitar, $100 for shipping). They each have tons of mother of pearl and abalone inlay. I had to replace pretty much all the hardware, including the pickups, and get a full setup on them (including the deluxe fret dressing package), but now I kind of like them -- they became about $500-800 guitars in the process. Sustain is lackuster (it sucked before the fret dressing), and I have my suspicions about durability. One guy setting them up said that just the material for the inlays would have cost him more than what I paid [originally, for the guitar, not including the extensive remedial expenditures].

Anyway, I'm not taking these to gigs, but I have recorded with one of them. My daughter ran off with the other one.

here's the one that didn't get away - this pic is 7 years old, but it's pretty much the same now. Terrible color fidelity - it's red.
bird-w-p94s.jpg

edit - and as to durability, here it was after my son stepped on it (I had to go looking for the fret that was at the place of the fretboard separation):

ohthepain1-orig.JPG

and after that was repaired:

ohthepain2-orig.jpg

not that guitars are supposed to be steppable on, of course. It played much better after being rebuilt here in town :)

ps edit - I don't usually thread hijack, but when I do... jeez

those are, in fact, P-94s. I really like them - both of them. If you remember a while back when we were posting about series and parallel wiring for single coils, this is the guitar I was talking about.

The only thing that bugs me is the single coil hum, which is part of the deal, of course. I just used some copper foil to shield a single coil pickup cavity in a bass guitar I have. I used foil that was way too thick - i bled all over the place and I'm lucky to have all my fingers - because of that, I did a piss poor sloppy job, too. But there *was* a difference in hum, and so I'm thinking about trying the same thing on the P-94s with some better foil or tape.

The P-94s are really hot. I usually have to turn down the guitar volume slightly (say to 8.5) to avoid gain staging problems, depending on the situation and pedals and the amp.

Cool man. I've been thinking of trying a P-94 in my Epi SG. I also wanted to try one in my Hallmark/Mosrite thing but went with a P-Rails instead and I must say I love the shit out of that pickup. And it's relatively quiet in either single coil mode.

I've shielded my Strat a few times with varying degrees of success. The first time I used just regular aluminum foil and it didn't do much of anything. Then I re-did it with heavy copper foil, and yeah, I sliced myself up too. I also used real aluminum duct tape to seal the edges. It worked much better. It still hums, but not as bad.

I've always wanted a Mosrite, but don't wanna pay Mosrite prices. After doing my research, I came to the conclusion that besides single-man garage builders that build one guitar at time one year at a time, the Hallmark is the best Mosrite clone for me. It's the most Mosrite-ish with some features better than the originals IMO. The Eastwood is okay, but it's like a toy compared to the Hallmarks. I love it. I can't say it's my main guitar, but it gets as much play, maybe more, than my Les Paul, SG, or Strat.

You gotta see this bitch in person. It's stunning.

Yep ...... I lust for the Hallmark ..... if wifeys' new gig works out I can maybe get one in around a year. I want the purple one with the white p'ups.

Back