Morning thoughts

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Sometimes ya get a wild hair up and gotta do or have something to satisfy. This morning, I got one thinking about quickly recording song ideas at home. I never thought I could have a use for a USB mic... until about 5 minutes ago. I felt a sudden urge to pull out the acoustic and work on some stuff before it vanished from thought. A small, handheld digital recorder would be perfect but I don't want to spend the dollars - an inexpensive USB mic into my laptop would be just right... orrrr ... I could use my DP-03SD Porta Studio, plugging the mic in and leaving the setup laying out and available for quick use. Back in the Mesozioc Era, I would have had a simple, portable Radio Shack tape recorder at hand which required a simple push of two buttons without losing so much as a second or two in the process of quickly capturing fleeting musical thoughts.

... just some random morning thoughts. This is what I get for drinking coffee at 4:30 AM.

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
I have a friend that uses his cell phone to record guitar ideas. If it's an electric, he lays the phone on top of the amp. He sent a short piece a couple of weeks ago and it sounded darn good. Would probably work for acoustic too but I haven't asked if he's done that.

I could play around with that for awhile. I understand Android records in MP3 (among many others), which would be draggable to Reaper.

I have a friend that uses his cell phone to record guitar ideas. If it's an electric, he lays the phone on top of the amp. He sent a short piece a couple of weeks ago and it sounded darn good. Would probably work for acoustic too but I haven't asked if he's done that.
Yup, I use the voice recorder on my android. Sometimes I hum melodies and other times I play my guitar (electric or acoustic) unplugged to capture ideas before they are gone. I only use the recordings to recall the ideas so I never transfer them to Reaper. Works perfect for me.

Today, as already said, you can use the phone. If you need a better quality and it can be useful for you for other recordings, you can buy a Zoom H1n for the price of a single low cost microphone.

I taught myself to read & write music many years ago, then promptly forgot it all from lack of use. I don't wanna go through that again.

Sometimes ya get a wild hair up and gotta do or have something to satisfy. This morning, I got one thinking about quickly recording song ideas at home. I never thought I could have a use for a USB mic... until about 5 minutes ago. I felt a sudden urge to pull out the acoustic and work on some stuff before it vanished from thought. A small, handheld digital recorder would be perfect but I don't want to spend the dollars - an inexpensive USB mic into my laptop would be just right... orrrr ... I could use my DP-03SD Porta Studio, plugging the mic in and leaving the setup laying out and available for quick use. Back in the Mesozioc Era, I would have had a simple, portable Radio Shack tape recorder at hand which required a simple push of two buttons without losing so much as a second or two in the process of quickly capturing fleeting musical thoughts.

... just some random morning thoughts. This is what I get for drinking coffee at 4:30 AM.
Yeah as previously mentioned mobile phones are the schizel dizzle for jotting ideas down...Download voice record it's a killer app for recording on the phone.

And as far as quality I use a usb behringer mixer direct into the iphone 6s yes that old thing with the camera connector kit...totally well mixed loud stereo recording on my iphone videos ...twitchin man, twitchin!

But on the morning thoughts .... I had a boss once who said "ya know how sometimes you wake up in the morning with a woody?" Uh yeah? "I have a cure for it...just run some warm water through it...". :eek: Dude was a funny guy and knew how to have fun working or not working he was always goofing around....

Back