Monitors???

Which Monitors for my first home studio???

• Total voters
Yamaha if I had to choose from the list!

The event tr8 are pretty decent for budget choices as well and Im sure u could grab a used set cheap.

congrats.. Yammies
nice setup. learning them is what its about, hopefully you can enjoy them while that happens. cables and pads to boot!...nice.

I never hear the Yammies much at my shop as their hooked up on the side to a computer setup, away form the pile of monitors and flip switch board.

seems Mackies are dropping prices everywhere?
a GC dewd, Saturday, stated the new Mackies have been having trouble, shit China manufacturing builds...and the new ones are not to be confused with the earlier version of the Mackies. I don't know if this is true? it was news to me. Has there been some quality issues?
I'd read a 1998 mag on them when they were released, and wanted to check them out. The same dewd said some people are paying top dollar for the older ones...just gear talk.

I have also heard this rumour about mackie's losing thier quality (thanks to manufacturing) as well.

my understanding is outsourcing to foundries is often setup that the foundry gets paid for good parts out the door, "passed" products shipped + $$$$$$...

of course here is the conflict of interest,

the foundry wants huge numbers "passed" to make more $$$$$....

obviously, the name brand wants a great product in front of the customer. (while making maximum profits). so they name brand wants high quality, which can mean more "rejects" for the foundry = less $

and the foundries know the big name brand that screwed their own people and laid them off, and gave the foundry the work will do the same to them too. SO the foundry's understand the Name Brand is always looking for cheaper labor and expecting higher quality.

cut throat.....

a few bad articles on Mackies and word will get magnified that their products suck, for example.

they'll yell at the foundry, and maybe be able to recover, or maybe they'll just lose market share for their name brand being glued on a crappy product that was cost cut so much, its now thought of as cheap stuff.

I actually had a US version and CHina version and did a disassembly and posted pics on this sight. I didnt find anything different, if I recall , however that was several years ago.
Mackie HR824 ...I'll surf around and see if the stuffs still here.

heres some pics....
https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ues/mackie-hr824-mk1-whats-your-input-259317/

Not sure if this obvious piece of advice has been offered yet: Go to a music shop with your favorite CD, and have'em demo your target pairs. Pick the one that lifts YOU the most.... You'll probably be striving for that mix quality anyway!

Not sure if this obvious piece of advice has been offered yet: Go to a music shop with your favorite CD, and have'em demo your target pairs. Pick the one that lifts YOU the most.... You'll probably be striving for that mix quality anyway!

did you not notice that the OP posted this on 05-04-2007 ?!!

LOL

Back