Monitors???

Which Monitors for my first home studio???

• Total voters
just try whatever they have within my budget?
Bingo.

Rather than hijack this thread which is about as old as Kentucky burbon and subseuently has already been passed over by most of the regulars here (honesty, I clicked on it by accident this time), you might want to head over to the "New To Mixing" thread in the Mixing/Mastering forum, which is a fresh thread asking the same thing you are.

G.

+1...me to, I have had them for so long that I just know them well..every monitor I have listened to now seems to have some kind of problem..I guess I am just used to these!!

Yeah I know, and then a lot of other monitors that I have mixed on at other studio's seems like they add color, not sure if it's just the room not being properly treated or what but when I get in my studio. I just love those things, actually might try to find me some more just for my mixing room setup.

Yeah I know, and then a lot of other monitors that I have mixed on at other studio's seems like they add color, not sure if it's just the room not being properly treated or what but when I get in my studio. I just love those things, actually might try to find me some more just for my mixing room setup.

You can find them cheap on e-bay!!
the ra-100 amp I use is also pretty cheap now!

Cool. I'll have to check that out, I'm a ebay junkie anyways, even if Im not buying anything I still search it, lol.

I am on the wagon as of now....I was real bad on there about 2 months ago!! I would search through there for hours..until I could barley see..

I mean searching instrument cable for an hour..lol

I now have way to many cables..and mic's I barley use!!

It's a bad addiction man..get out while you can..or is it to late?

My Wife hates e-bay now..;)

LOL. It's too late now, I've been buying on ebay for about 4-5 years now, and even when I'm not buying I'm still searching. Its an addiction lol.

Yup..sure is!! What sucks is finding something else to do when you stop!!!
Almost like you lost your best friend:(!!!lol

I got my first pair of KRK Rokit 5's to compliment my modest home setup. As time and editing goes on, I realize the importance of having a better low end to reference from. To fix that I would need the subwoofer also. The point is here, don't worry about spending a little more on a good pair to start off. The clarity and sound performance will make it worth it. I recently got to hear the Event ALP5's and was impressed.

I got my first pair of KRK Rokit 5's to compliment my modest home setup. As time and editing goes on, I realize the importance of having a better low end to reference from. To fix that I would need the subwoofer also. The point is here, don't worry about spending a little more on a good pair to start off. The clarity and sound performance will make it worth it. I recently got to hear the Event ALP5's and was impressed.

I have been WANTING new monitors (don't know why) but I am afraid that It will take to long to get used to them since I am used to my alesis m1 mkll's

I mixed on both Genelecs and Mackies for a few years in two separate studios
and was able to 'hear' both very well
switching between monitors is difficult at first but teaches you a lot about each pair you are using
I'd recommend the Mackie's because they are flat and transparent

I have the BX8's and they are pretty decent. What you (and everyone on here) should get are those Primacoustic Decouplers or Coils or whatever the hell they call them. They made the single biggest impact on my monitors.

I heard all sorts of stuff in mixes I never heard before, and they bring the low end out and make it clear.

Definitely worth the $$$$!!! <- I was weary about spending the cash, but they ar eworth every penny.

I don't work for, or get paid by them....just LOVE their product.

My buddy uses the high end Genelecs, and they don't translate well at all. IMO

I switched from some SAMSON 65a's to my Yamaha HS80's and I can easily say that the excitement of the TOTAL difference between the two after I plugged them in and mixed with them made me feel like I lost my virginity again.... lmao. Exaggeration but you get the point! I love'm

-HyPe Is Here, tell your mom

Back