Mix it - Burning Witches (metal/crossover) - Mix it

BCF1

The tracks are .wav and included as part of a Reaper project template and compressed in a .rar file.
So if you use Reaper just extract and load the template.
For every other DAW you would extract and then add the individual tracks to your project.
All tracks are all aligned, named appropriately and should be easily understood.

Please share your mixes by posting here or by pm.

Link to download

My current mix :

The tracks are .wav and included as part of a Reaper project template and compressed in a .rar file.
For every other DAW you would extract and then add the individual tracks to your project.
All tracks are all aligned, named appropriately and should be easily understood.

Not a lot of room to mix anything- the Dynamics are what they are - none the less I changed somethings (Guitars EQ/Compression) - I don’t know - its not really my forte'
View attachment Burning Witches Remix.mp3
- what do you think?

Link to download

My current mix :

I think your tone is close and just needs to be tweaked. Could you post a WAV that is un-processed? I'd like to do a master and see if I can bring out all of the detail and punch of the track while keeping it edgy

#edit ... now that I've downloaded, I see that this is a stem mastering situation.

Last edited:
I think your tone is close and just needs to be tweaked. Could you post a WAV that is un-processed? I'd like to do a master and see if I can bring out all of the detail and punch of the track while keeping it edgy

#edit ... now that I've downloaded, I see that this is a stem mastering situation.
I appreciate you guys , Papanate, HumanPlanet, RedStone checking this out and giving it a bit o time. Thank you

I'm currently away from home but I can provide raw di tracks, dry unprocessed tracks, the whole package, uploaded early next week.. I'll update with new link once completed. Thanks again !

I appreciate you guys , Papanate, HumanPlanet, RedStone checking this out and giving it a bit o time. Thank you

I'm currently away from home but I can provide raw di tracks, dry unprocessed tracks, the whole package, uploaded early next week.. I'll update with new link once completed. Thanks again !
I don't think there's much of a need to do a remix. The stems were good quality. Here's what I came up with as a first master.
  • I referenced against some Underoath as the drum tones were similar.
  • I tried to keep the crispiness of the original mix, but tamed it and did some work on the midrange and low end to help the mix translate onto little speakers.
  • the vocals might be a bit buried for some tastes, so I could bring them up a little
  • The mix could be darkened more, but it will be a matter of taste
  • Any distortion in the mix is on purpose to give it a bit more punch as the mix overall was somewhat clean to begin with
I left you a 48khz file in case you want to use it, or let me know if you hear anything you don't like or would like to hear different. If/when you do like it, I appreciate if you think of me for mastering future projects or giving a recommend if it comes up :)

Last edited:
I don't think there's much of a need to do a remix. The stems were good quality. Here's what I came up with as a first master.
  • I referenced against some Underoath as the drum tones were similar.
  • I tried to keep the crispiness of the original mix, but tamed it and did some work on the midrange and low end to help the mix translate onto little speakers.
  • the vocals might be a bit buried for some tastes, so I could bring them up a little
  • The mix could be darkened more, but it will be a matter of taste
  • Any distortion in the mix is on purpose to give it a bit more punch as the mix overall was somewhat clean to begin with
I left you a 48khz file in case you want to use it, or let me know if you hear anything you don't like or would like to hear different. If/when you do like it, I appreciate if you think of me for mastering future projects or giving a recommend if it comes up :)

Sounds real good, as you said it's a stylistic choice regarding vocal level in the mix. I found the vocals to be a bit low in this mix. Which is kinda funny because for a long time the criticism I recieved most was my vocals were to low. So it's a choice I usually make also. Nice job though and thank you

Not a lot of room to mix anything- the Dynamics are what they are - none the less I changed somethings (Guitars EQ/Compression) - I don’t know - its not really my forte'
View attachment 138025
- what do you think?
Just by listening to your track it sounds like a thrown together song rather than a produced composition. But a lot of these song lack production now these days. And even ones that get produced are not that great. Because they sound like a Terry Date flat mix. Which quite frankly, I think he forgot what the pan knob is for.

I really don't why people think they are going to get a powerful track with hot levels. Its just like those newbies thinking you are going to get a mix as loud as a cd master.

Back