midi sucks

Actually you'll be surprised MIDI is commonly used in the industry. Your really only touching the cracks of MIDI. In Studio E, a modern production studio, much of it is hooked up through MIDI and of course conventional methods. Fantom's, Tritons, Meko's and Neko's, RS7000's, mad rack synths', and our post production room utilizes MIDI of course. I see what yall saying though. I personally went from analog to best of both worlds. I see a lot of uses for MIDI from controlling lights, to remoting into your Neko, and uploading MIDI info, and coming back to a full production song. Or simply playing "live" from the other side of the world.

Learning sequence with MIDI is like learning an instrument. It takes time to learn, time to build a technique, and once you have built your technique it may not enable you to do things that someone else can do with it, and may enable you to do things that others cannot do.

I think most of the complaints against MIDI come from people using it for things which is not well-suited. MIDI is awesome for controlling synths and samplers, and it is great for syncing devices together. It is not well-suited for drawing in realistic performances of "live "instruments. You can make tracks that sound realistic using a piano roll but it's time-consuming and 99x out of 100 a real instrument is going to sound better.

That said, if you are controlling a synth using MIDI, and the performance sounds right when you play it but not when you play it back, then you're set up wrong. There are environment tweaks you need to implement but it should be GIGO.

At least I'd use it then, if only for a minute or two at a time.

i use it daily and often. It recalls my samples from my daw. syncs everything to start at once. i edit individual notes using midi. i use midi to recall my saved songs in my daw. i have a midi controlled mixer that i use to mix my music instead of mousing around on the computer. i love midi.

i use it daily and often. It recalls my samples from my daw. syncs everything to start at once. i edit individual notes using midi. i use midi to recall my saved songs in my daw. i have a midi controlled mixer that i use to mix my music instead of mousing around on the computer. i love midi.

Whoopty-doo. I turn my computer on and record.

Midi is just like DOS willis...you DO know all about DOS don't you?

I know DOS inside and out. I wrote an essay on it in college. I still have it:

An essay on DOS

The issues involving DOS has been a popular topic amongst scholars for many years. Many an afternoon has been enjoyed by a family, bonding over the discussion of DOS. While much has been written on its influence on contemporary living, several of todays most brilliant minds seem incapable of recognising its increasing relevance to understanding future generations. Since it was first compared to antidisestablishmentarianism much has been said concerning DOS by those politicaly minded individuals living in the past, who just don't like that sort of thing. In the light of this I will break down the issues in order to give each of them the thought that they fully deserve

Social Factors

As Reflected in classical mythology society is complicated. When Sir Bernard Chivilary said 'hounds will feast on society' [1] he failed to understand that if one seriously intends to 'not judge a book by its cover', then one must read a lot of books. Spanning divides such as class, race and uglyness, DOS bravely illustrates what we are most afraid of, what we all know deep down in our hearts.

Recent thought on DOS has been a real eye-opener for society from young to old. It has been said that the one thing in society which could survive a nuclear attack is DOS. This is incorrect, actually cockroaches are the only thing which can survive a nuclear attack.

Economic Factors

Our world is driven by supply and demand. We shall examine the Maiden-Tuesday-Lending model of economics.
Cost
Of
Living

DOS

When displayed this way it becomes very clear that DOS is of great importance. Obviously the cost of living is in financial terms 'holding hands with DOS.' Many analysts fear a subsequent depression.

Political Factors

Politics has in some areas been seen to embrace an increasing ananiathesis of intergovernmentalism leading to neo-functionalism. Comparing current political thought with that held just ten years ago is like comparing night and day.

Consider this, spoken at the tender age of 14 by one of the great political analysts Aaron Bootlegger 'Political idealists must ideally deal, for I daily list my ideals politically.' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with DOS, that this highlights an important issue. History tells us that DOS will always be a vote winner, whether we like it, or not.
While DOS may be a giant amongst men, is it a dwarf amongst policy? I hope not.

Conclusion

We can say with certainty DOS is, to use the language of the streets 'Super Cool.' It fills a hole, brings glamour to an unglamorous time, though DOS brings with it obvious difficulties, it is truly DOS.

I shall give the final word to star Macaulay Jackson: 'It's been nice educating you.' [3]

[1] Sir Bernard Chivilary - Interestingly... - 1904 Badger Books

[2] Bootlegger - Take It! - 1961 Viva Books

[3] Everything you always wanted to know about DOS, but were afraid to ask. - Issue 287 - QKS Publishing

i never cared i simply said u probabaly just dont know what ur doin that doesnt mean u care it means u dont know lol

Ah! I see you obviously don't care about spelling or punctuation, either. That's cool.

I used to surf a lot. I hung out with a bunch of other people that surfed a lot, too. We used to call the boogie-boarders (spongers), and considered them a kind of lower class citizen in the hierarchy of ocean sports. From my experience, and I understand that this isn't absolute, but Midi kids are the musical version of a sponger. They aren't actually good enough to play real instruments so they just fake it.

midi is nothing more than communication of devices lol. it has nothing to do with if u can play or not. midi controllers that control soft synths are controled via midi. u dont have to quantize and it doesnt have to fake it for u lol. a motif is a midi device because u can sync it with any other midi device u want to. it has nothing to do with actual playing skills your ignorance is laughable.

midi is nothing more than communication of devices lol. it has nothing to do with if u can play or not. midi controllers that control soft synths are controled via midi. u dont have to quantize and it doesnt have to fake it for u lol. a motif is a midi device because u can sync it with any other midi device u want to. it has nothing to do with actual playing skills your ignorance is laughable.

So what instrumentS do you play?

Back